PDA

View Full Version : Uninstalling MW3

BowlOfRice
01-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Hey. So my Steam account got hacked and I can't retrieve it because the hacker got my password and when I try changing it, I don't get any new mail on my e-mail. I sent a support ticket to Valve but I can't wait. >.<

I bought MW3 on a CD, so I was wondering, if I delete it off the computer and then re-install it onto another Steam account can I play it? :confused:

Metalshocker
01-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Its only activated to your steam account. Contact valve, they may ask you to send them a picture of your serial code.
If anyone ever asks you for your password saying they are a Valve admin, Do not give it to them. An admin will never ask for your password.

Cormierre
01-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Hey. So my Steam account got hacked and I can't retrieve it because the hacker got my password and when I try changing it, I don't get any new mail on my e-mail. I sent a support ticket to Valve but I can't wait. >.<

I bought MW3 on a CD, so I was wondering, if I delete it off the computer and then re-install it onto another Steam account can I play it? :confused:

The key is tied to that account.
I'm sorry, but it appears until you get it back, you cannot play.

--
Edit:
Beaten to it.
Above poster gave more information- refer to them.

BowlOfRice
01-07-2012, 05:16 PM
D: </3

BowlOfRice
01-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Is there a way I could play it without Steam? O.o

Cormierre
01-07-2012, 05:32 PM
It uses Steamworks. So the answer is no, I'm sorry.

The packaged disk version just links it to Steam
allowing you to play it without having to download
it from the Steam servers.

Non-digital distribution is mainly an option
for people who like hardcopies, these days.

BowlOfRice
01-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Still didn't get a reply from Steam Helpdesk... T^T

jorricks
01-08-2012, 07:30 AM
normally it takes them around 2-3 days to reply. After your first reply they'll ask for a copie of your serial(i got the same problem one time) so u can do that allready