PDA

View Full Version : How to turn back on the title screen music?

Mad_Thrasher
01-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Hello everybody, I used to have a problem in which every shot lowered my framerate, and I solved it using a config.cfg file a friend who had the same problem gave me, and with this new config file the title screen music doesn't play anymore, does anyone know how to turn it back on, or what console command can I use for it?
Thank you.

mdmilburn
04-14-2012, 05:21 AM
first thing that comes to mind is delete the custom confg. files and steam will make a new one when you enter the game

RichNagel
04-14-2012, 10:34 PM
P.S. If you have a complex game controls/key binding setup, and don't want to spend all of the time "tweaking" it again (which you would have to do when deleting the "Config.cfg" file):

Edit your "Config.cfg" file (as well as your "UserConfig.cfg", if it exists); with this line:

MP3Volume "#.#"

...where "#.#" is the volume of the music, 0.0 - 1.0. The CFG files will be located in your "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\<USER_NAME>\Day of Defeat\DoD" subdirectory on your hard drive.

BTW, IIRC, that setting ALSO changes the volume of the short victory music tunes as well (I think).