PDA

View Full Version : Three times CtD in a row

The Dutch Ghost
01-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Hello all,

I just bought and downloaded this game and went through the tutorials before I start the main game.
But every time I try to play the fourth tutorial level the game crashes to desktop, and this has happened three time now.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and more importantly has anyone been able to solve it?

The Dutch Ghost
01-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Well after allowing Steam to verify the game the problem seems to be solved for now, but I doubt we have seen the last of these problems.

If anyone runs into other problems in the future and perhaps manages to solve it would be great if they mentioned it on this forum.

selfatvi
01-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Thank you, we are looking into this issue.

Out of curiosity, how did you play the game prior to validating the game?

hairbautt
01-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Well, I just bought it, downloaded it and opened it. It went thru the openining of logos (incredibly long and annoying) and I got a crash to desktop that the *.exe stopped responding in Windows 7, 64-bit.

Pulled this from my reliability monitor:

Faulting Application Path: f:\Steam\steamapps\common\choplifter hd\Binaries\Win32\ShippingPC-ChopGame.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: ShippingPC-ChopGame.exe
Application Version: 1.0.8171.0
Application Timestamp: 4ee96796
Fault Module Name: StackHash_fec1
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: c25e0689
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fec1
Additional Information 2: fec1ec3f475e38d28aad21662890797a
Additional Information 3: efa0
Additional Information 4: efa019d00c8fd0e8e3f8d6db03db7da9

I tried it again and got to the main menu. Have yet to actually play...a little busy at the moment.

The Dutch Ghost
01-12-2012, 03:05 AM
Thank you, we are looking into this issue.

Out of curiosity, how did you play the game prior to validating the game?

Apologies I am new to this (reporting problems).
What kind of information do you need?

Also, cool to hear from the people in Inxile on the forums.

selfatvi
01-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Apologies I am new to this (reporting problems).
What kind of information do you need?

Also, cool to hear from the people in Inxile on the forums.

You commented that once you let Steam validate the game that your issue went away. The game requires steam so i am curious as to how you were able to play it without first validating the game.

Did you not download it from Steam using the Steam client?

RegularKid
01-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Well, I just bought it, downloaded it and opened it. It went thru the openining of logos (incredibly long and annoying) and I got a crash to desktop that the *.exe stopped responding in Windows 7, 64-bit.

Pulled this from my reliability monitor:

Faulting Application Path: f:\Steam\steamapps\common\choplifter hd\Binaries\Win32\ShippingPC-ChopGame.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: ShippingPC-ChopGame.exe
Application Version: 1.0.8171.0
Application Timestamp: 4ee96796
Fault Module Name: StackHash_fec1
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: c25e0689
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fec1
Additional Information 2: fec1ec3f475e38d28aad21662890797a
Additional Information 3: efa0
Additional Information 4: efa019d00c8fd0e8e3f8d6db03db7da9

I tried it again and got to the main menu. Have yet to actually play...a little busy at the moment.

Hi! Sounds like you were able to get into the game ( main menu ) without a crash! Woot! If you experience any more issues please let us know. Thanks :)

chalkman
01-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Many times disabling DEP will rid you of BEX errors.

Fear Itself
01-12-2012, 11:16 AM
You commented that once you let Steam validate the game that your issue went away. The game requires steam so i am curious as to how you were able to play it without first validating the game.

Do you really imply that if he pirated it he would come specifically to Steam forums for advice?

The Dutch Ghost
01-12-2012, 02:59 PM

Well first of all I did not pirate it, perhaps I explained it a bit wrong.

I did download the game through the steam client.
When the game kept crashing I used the Properties screen in the steam library to 'verify integrity of game cache' after which I got the message that a file had been missing and had was downloaded again.

sm00th
01-12-2012, 03:17 PM

I would like to welcome you on Steampowered User Forums(ex-SPUF) where the first thing you do to solve problems with games is to verify the integrity of the game cache.

Why we do this? Use the search function ;)

selfatvi
01-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Well first of all I did not pirate it, perhaps I explained it a bit wrong.

I did download the game through the steam client.
When the game kept crashing I used the Properties screen in the steam library to 'verify integrity of game cache' after which I got the message that a file had been missing and had was downloaded again.

I cannot apologize enough if the impression was given that you pirated the game, never my intention.

Did clearing the cache work for you?

selfatvi
01-12-2012, 03:24 PM
I would like to welcome you on Steampowered User Forums(ex-SPUF) where the first thing you do to solve problems with games is to verify the integrity of the game cache.

Why we do this? Use the search function ;)

Thank you, skipped that step.

The Dutch Ghost
01-12-2012, 03:36 PM
I cannot apologize enough if the impression was given that you pirated the game, never my intention.

Did clearing the cache work for you?

I did not feel that you accused me of piracy, just wanted to clear that up.

Well the game runs stable for now and I have not run into problems again but at the time it seemed like something I was not able to solve until I started to try things out.

How stupid it may sound, would reinstalling the game also have worked?

selfatvi
01-12-2012, 06:16 PM
I did not feel that you accused me of piracy, just wanted to clear that up.

Well the game runs stable for now and I have not run into problems again but at the time it seemed like something I was not able to solve until I started to try things out.

How stupid it may sound, would reinstalling the game also have worked?

In theory yes, if a file is missing that would certainly cause several problems. One of those issues can easily be an unstable game and crashing to desktop etc.

Please continue to let us know if anything else arises.

Oblivion_au
01-12-2012, 06:31 PM
i must admit, i had repeated CTD issues at one point aswell.

installed game, played for a bit. come back 30min later to play again, constant CTD.

i also verified the game cache in steam, it done a minute or two downloading again, then the game has been fine since.