PDA

View Full Version : Old School

Osprey
01-11-2012, 03:40 PM
I remember playing this on an Apple IIe. Good times.

UMS
01-11-2012, 05:27 PM
I remember it on the ][e also, and furthermore I remember burning a bunch of tokens at Chuck E Cheese on this on the arcade version (which as usual kicked the bootay of the ][e version).

I'd like to see an emulated version (or versions) packed-in with this. Glad to see the concept is reasonably similar, but come on. The original formula was good. This + Defender + Stargate were my favorite arcade classics for a while.

edit: just watched the video (for some reason my page skipped over to screenies). This looks pretty good! Hope for a demo, I'd like to see the response and game feel before buying, but hey it does look like original formula reskinned and revamped without being cheeseball (like, for example, the current state of the Smurfs / Chipmunks franchises. Yes I'm old.)

selfatvi
01-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the compliments. We spent a lot of time to make sure we held true to the original. We are all avid gamers and also have found memories of the original.

Paying respect and bringing such a memorable franchise back into the modern age was our goal and we feel we achieved it. From the looks of the reviews it seems that other think we did as well.

colorado
01-12-2012, 02:33 AM
Heh.

This was the only non-educational game that my school had when I was in grade school. I played the ♥♥♥♥ out of it.

LLAndy
01-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Lots of memories brought back by this game too. Someone needs to remake Aztec from the Apple as well.