PDA

View Full Version : Should be a invisible option on steam friends

udet
01-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Hi there steam.

Im suggesting that you guys should do a invisible mod option in the steam friend chat menu.
it would be great because i have enemies.

thanks.

DeductiveReason
01-12-2012, 11:42 AM
I completely disagree. Steam isn't Windows Messenger or any of those other teenage internet drama enabling messenger programs. If you have someone that you don't get along with be a man and simply block them or remove them from your Steam friends. Steam is about playing games and to a lesser extent socializing with other people who also play games. This isn't Facebook or Myspace.

Hikaran
01-12-2012, 11:44 AM
1) Go offline.
2) Block.
3) Remove from friends list.

GG, problem solved.

Hamster Gutz
01-12-2012, 11:50 AM
"I have enemies."

I don't know why but I laughed so hard at this.

JTheJackal
01-12-2012, 12:00 PM
If they're not your friends then why are they on your friends list?

philitup
01-12-2012, 12:09 PM
I believe that option is already there. It's called "Offline"

Jmcmatrixs
01-12-2012, 12:30 PM
1) Go offline.
2) Block.
3) Remove from friends list.

GG, problem solved.

this. :cool:

problemgaming
01-12-2012, 12:32 PM
I completely disagree. Steam isn't Windows Messenger or any of those other teenage internet drama enabling messenger programs. If you have someone that you don't get along with be a man and simply block them or remove them from your Steam friends. Steam is about playing games and to a lesser extent socializing with other people who also play games. This isn't Facebook or Myspace.

I do agree with you, however, there are moments where I wish I could hide my status for a few hours from some friends because I don't want them to think I am ditching them to play with another friend. I would like to go offline but still be able to invite another friend to a chat or game.

kakkerlak
01-12-2012, 01:45 PM
the trade does not work in offline mode and I been playing embarrassing games lately and I cant stop either.
not the end of the world but it would be nice to hide and still be able to trade and what not.

Hikaran
01-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Still sounds like a first-world problem to me. If it's really bothering you, go offline on Steam and use Skype or some other message service outside of Steam to talk to the people you want to.

Rockworm
01-12-2012, 03:40 PM
I do agree with you, however, there are moments where I wish I could hide my status for a few hours from some friends because I don't want them to think I am ditching them to play with another friend. I would like to go offline but still be able to invite another friend to a chat or game.

Meh I ditched my friends countless times to play singleplayer games they understand I'm not always in the mood for Left 4 Dead 2 24/7 like they are.