PDA

View Full Version : keyboard control question

delwad
01-12-2012, 11:43 AM
So I installed PAM on my PC and the game looks great and runs just fine (well almost). My PC is a high-end graphics workstation.

Graphics are fine, game-play is smooth, audio etc...

But I notice when I use the "up arrow" key to accelerate the vehicle, the vehicle starts to move and runs for about 5 seconds, then slows to a stop. Once it stops, I can press up arrow and it will move again, only stop stop again in a few seconds. This happens with any vehicle - forward or backward.

I have remapped the keyboard...no change. I collect as many fuel charge barrels as I can, makes no difference. I have plenty of energy.

So...any guesses as to what causes this or how to fix it??

thanks

John

kaak
01-12-2012, 01:45 PM
try to swap keyboards?

delwad
01-13-2012, 01:48 PM
thanks...

tried it. Same thing

Keyboard works fine, as do all control keys. Just can't move forward for more than 5 seconds.

john

dimi_gr
01-13-2012, 03:05 PM
first thing that would come up in mind is if you are using a wireless keyboard maybe install latest drivers. The game FEAR, for example, which uses a high-end game engine experiences still an fps drop to below 15fps even on high end machines just because the use of wireless keyboards. These are installed with a complete driver package and are listed in hardware manager with multiple HID. This is just a suggestion to check.
Where do you experience this problem? In single player or in mulitplayer? if in mp maybe it's because of a lag?

delwad
01-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Thanks Dimi_gr,

No. this is a good old fashion Northgate mechanical keyboard. I have only used PAM in single-mode.

I don't believe it's a hardware or driver issue.

I use the same keyboard in Worms reloaded and Worms Ultimate Mayhem and other games requiring directional control using the arrow keys or mapped keys and it works fine.

I'll keep looking...

John