PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Steam CD key activation?

Nekroze
01-17-2012, 12:32 PM
I actually bought this game about 3-4 days ago from the developer... should have waited hey, but i would love to benefit from having the game activated through steam.

I have tried inputting my key from the developer into the steam key activator thing but it just says it is invalid.

Is there any intention to provide pre-existing owners of this game the ability to activated from keys bought from the developer?

Thanks,
Nekroze

moseechev
01-17-2012, 12:45 PM
I actually bought this game about 3-4 days ago from the developer... should have waited hey, but i would love to benefit from having the game activated through steam.

I have tried inputting my key from the developer into the steam key activator thing but it just says it is invalid.

Is there any intention to provide pre-existing owners of this game the ability to activated from keys bought from the developer?

Thanks,
Nekroze

I also want to know the answer to this question! STEAM - it is very convenient, but I do not want to spend money to buy a second copy of the game ...

JohnnyFronthole
01-17-2012, 01:11 PM
One of the admins on the official forums posted today that they are looking into it. So, no answer just yet.

Gzack123
01-17-2012, 03:01 PM
I also bought the game before and was wondering if this was possible, I tried to activate it but it didn't work.

Rice-Rocketeer
01-21-2012, 03:43 PM
I e-mailed the developer about it, and he said they were looking into it.

*Crosses fingers!*

Bribe Guntails
01-28-2012, 11:25 AM
where will he post the solution?

auden100
01-29-2012, 10:48 AM
While it doesn't entail any support or updating through Steam, simply putting the game in your Steam library tab is as easy as selecting the menu option "Games > Add A Non-Steam Game to My Library".

Bribe Guntails
01-29-2012, 01:27 PM
well i already have the game as a non-steam game, but its that i want the game recognized as an official game from steam. allows you to find people that play the game

Muffalopadus
01-31-2012, 08:26 PM
I would like this bumped for great justice. I would really like to transfer my key to steam.

Its nice to have a single place with all your games. I like Steam the most, because its my favorite DRM.

I really hope he figures it out soon, because I'd love to play it some more...on Steam.

Nekroze
02-15-2012, 07:35 AM
Bumping this because i would really like it to happen, its going to be so handy for the big patches that are coming and such it will be annoying to have my game out of date with all my friends ones just because i decided to pay more for the game a few days BEFORE most people on steam even knew about it...

C'mon it will just show much love too all of your old school players, why keep them in the dark ages as well as me.

Muffalopadus
02-19-2012, 07:04 PM
I also would like this bumped. I emailed him the day it came out on steam, but I haven't heard anything new yet. =(

I really want to transfer! HELLO DEV, ARE YOU READING THIS?! I WANT TO PLAY YOUR GAME ON STEAM!

:)

theonetruedark
02-22-2012, 09:40 PM
And while you're at it - please make Arvoch Alliance available on steam as well. ;)

Sum 1 Random
02-28-2012, 08:33 PM
I gather there's still no word on this?

Muffalopadus
03-05-2012, 01:12 PM
No, I haven't heard anything yet. I'm pretty sad about that.

Oh well, continuing to bump!

slatterboy
03-18-2012, 02:40 AM
Bumping, still nothing? I've got a copy of dawn of war just asking to be put on steam...

Rice-Rocketeer
04-24-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm wondering the same thing. I e-mailed the developer a while ago and he said they were looking into it. I wonder if I should e-mail him again. :p

festa_freak
04-24-2012, 07:09 PM
I have a question about steams Cd key. Can you use this key to activate the starwraith version of the game? Sometimes it's also nice to have games separate from steam just in case it goes down.

control-SEVEN
07-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Yes, try emailing them again. Activating a Starwraith version on Steam would allow better multiplayer experience.

Gzack123
09-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Bumping again, I would really like an answer, even if you can't activate it.

Gzack123
06-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Bump... again... this is making me sad...

Nubarus
06-09-2013, 06:41 AM
This forum is dead, that's why you get no reply

Middendorf
06-09-2013, 05:00 PM
I own 2 of his games and he has never put out patches in the past, instead you download the complete latest version of the game so if his games are going Steam then he will probably have to stop doing that and have to start doing incremental patches. Only way to enable Steam for past customers would be to give each and every one of them a free Steam key and I don't see that happening but maybe I am wrong.