PDA

View Full Version : Sonic CD Not working

BlazeFireMaster
01-20-2012, 01:32 PM
I've been wanting to try Sonic CD since it gone downloading today after a while of not downloading. But when I go to run it, it says "soniccd.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." No other information. The 'video settings' (If you can call it that) work just fine. I've set it to 800x600 windowed.

Amp
01-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Same here. :/

Emperor_Neggles
01-20-2012, 10:38 PM
When I start the program I get the standard 'Starting game' grey Steam box then nothing, the program does not show up in the processes list either.

BlazeFireMaster
01-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Seems like Valve might have had a few errors that they should fix, or maybe tell us what they think the problem is so we can try to fix it. Because I bought the game, and I'm sure I meet the minimum requirements, I should be able to play it.

Drag3ndz
01-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Sonic CD works on my desktop computer but it doesn't execute on my laptop. While this does not necessarily affect me as much, it does effect a lot of players. My laptop even met the requirements.

BlazeFireMaster
01-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only one this happens to. Wish Valve knew what's wrong...maybe we can find out? What are your guys processors and video cards?

Sonicfan5
01-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Mine says Soniccd.exe has stopped working. its strange because it works perfectly on my other PC and I meet all requirements. :confused:

Sonicfan5
02-20-2012, 05:37 PM
If your running Intel GMA 945 driver on your graphics card on windows it will caused the crash. I switched to linux since my pc BSOD on windows xp and was being slow, so I thought I try it. My sister set up wine on it and it works fine. So intel has a driver problem talk about annoying.

thedemon1238
07-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Doesn't work for me too. "soniccd.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. I've tried any resolution and reinstall the game and dx multiple times... :(

Emmy
07-08-2012, 01:48 PM
I had the problem on my toaster.
If you have older integrated intel graphics the game will not run.

Some integrated graphics and possibly low end gpus simply aren't compatible with this game.

Seems like Valve might have had a few errors that they should fix, or maybeThere's nothing they can do about it. It's on behalf of Sega.

However, Valve seriously needs to put in the minimum specs that some forms of graphics will not work with it as it's very misleading and unprofessional.