PDA

View Full Version : Where do you build houses?

Beast357
01-20-2012, 05:38 PM
So far I've just plopped houses down wherever I have room and whenever I need more population. I notice that you can place them together to form walls, should I be building them strategically to fence things in?

=|Lexx|=
01-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Sometimes, yeah but it depends on the nations. The Chinese can use their villages (houses) to hide villagers inside, so You can mine far from home town.
Japanese use their shrines (houses) to gather resources constantly and can gather animals around them to increase the income rate, so Japanese shrines are near animal tribes.

meast
01-21-2012, 04:10 AM
So far I've just plopped houses down wherever I have room and whenever I need more population. I notice that you can place them together to form walls, should I be building them strategically to fence things in?

Spread them out nicely, they provide good line of sight so you can detect raids quicker etc. Put a few around your second hunt and generally just scatter them around your base. It would take too much time to keep sending a villager back to build in the same place. Do the same with your market and other less important buildings too!

Works especially well with Brits as they get a free villager.

Friendliest
01-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Yep maybe it's obvious but another advantage of spreading them out is that when the enemy attacks your base you won't lose your entire pop cap at once (...cuz he only destroys a few houses instead of a whole giant cluster).

meast
01-21-2012, 03:01 PM
Another note, if you're playing vs a Brit player don't target his houses early on. Only means more free villagers for him!

onfiregun17
01-21-2012, 07:23 PM
imo, houses are almost never used in tactical formations. but, i have seen recordings of high level people using them to create walls around their tc prevent raiding :P

Cooper Kid
01-31-2012, 07:52 PM
Yes, using them as walls is particularly useful as British. The enemy will either waste time by going around, or destroy them and allow you to make some more cheap villagers =)

Oh yes - I always use the cheap houses card when I play as British.