PDA

View Full Version : A weird craving.... "SLUUURP"

Bear809
01-20-2012, 05:00 PM
I for some reason crave a WW2 shooter and hopped on Medal of Honor: Airborn and turned on the PS2 and played Medal Of Honor" Vanguard and also played some World at War. Am i the only one who agrees these modern shooters are getting boring? :3

Baron_Fel
01-20-2012, 05:02 PM
I agree 100%.

Rockworm
01-20-2012, 05:04 PM
lol the slurp in your thread title took me to a different place......

No I was never into these kind of games. I thought the modern war shooters were made to counter the fact that everyone was getting bored of WW2 shooters.
Eh I'm the last one to talk about it I played one and it felt like I played them all.

jenovaweapon
01-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Modern shooters and to an extent Sci-Fi shooters to me, for the most part, are garbage

Stuff like Battlefield, Call of Duty (onwards from 3), Bodycount, Bulletstorm, Crysis, etc. are awful

I prefer shooters like Bioshock, Doom 1 and 2(not 3, I don't even consider it a Doom game), Call of Duty 2 (The last good Call of Duty), Left 4 Dead to an extent and the like.

SmellyLethality
01-20-2012, 05:22 PM
I like WWII over "now".

Something that's satisfying when ramming that bolt back before firing your next shot, or not being able to fire 600 rounds per minute with every gun except the sniper rifle and pistol.

SiMMENS
01-20-2012, 05:40 PM
They just been the most popular things for so long that it's getting a little stale

FriedGerry
01-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Call of Duty 2
I don't think I have actually played the 2nd, but I've played this beaut (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Finest_Hour)

SmellyLethality
01-20-2012, 05:51 PM
2 was Big Red 1, IIRC. It was damned awesome. 3 was my favorite though.

vashts1985
01-20-2012, 06:16 PM
MOHAA and expansions.

best game in the franchise.

Hamster Gutz
01-20-2012, 06:17 PM
MOHAA and expansions.

YES! Unfortunately the series went downhill from there.

SmellyLethality
01-20-2012, 06:22 PM
MOHAA and expansions.

I own the 10th anniversary pack, but I've never gotten around to playing Allied Assault, Operation Spearhead, Breakthrough, or Pacific Assault. From my understanding, aren't these the same games that made up Frontline on the PS2?
Damned amazing game.

The only gripe I have with Airborne, outside of unskippable cutscenes, is the fact that there's really no depth to the actual missions. You get your briefing, jump from a plane, and and blow up your objectives. That and I have to uninstall PhysX to install the game.

vashts1985
01-20-2012, 07:26 PM
I own the 10th anniversary pack, but I've never gotten around to playing Allied Assault, Operation Spearhead, Breakthrough, or Pacific Assault. From my understanding, aren't these the same games that made up Frontline on the PS2?
Damned amazing game.

The only gripe I have with Airborne, outside of unskippable cutscenes, is the fact that there's really no depth to the actual missions. You get your briefing, jump from a plane, and and blow up your objectives. That and I have to uninstall PhysX to install the game.

i never played frontline so i dont know.

all i know is the acutal story and missions were very well done in MOHAA.

and that i used to own ppls faces with the shotty in MP, that is when i wasnt sniping with the german commander using the KAR.
:cool:

Hamster Gutz
01-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Damned amazing game.

Frontline is kind of a spin off of MOHAA. It has some of the same levels, for instance Omaha Beach, but it also has levels that MOHAA doesn't and vice versa. MOHAA is the better game IMO though, because it's on PC, better graphics, gameplay etc.

iltsoc
01-20-2012, 08:05 PM
I really want a semi ww2 shooter on frostbite 2 engine. Santa...

IcarusNine
01-20-2012, 08:08 PM
So I take it that Call of Duty: World at War is just what this thread ordered?

Hamster Gutz
01-20-2012, 08:17 PM
So I take it that Call of Duty: World at War is just what this thread ordered?

That is the second worst WW2 shooter I've ever played, behind MoH Airborne.

ChocoBalls
01-20-2012, 08:22 PM
The only WWII shooter I have is MoH Airborne, and Origin won't even let me play it. At least you guys can scratch your itch...

SmellyLethality
01-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Frontline is kind of a spin off of MOHAA. It has some of the same levels, for instance Omaha Beach, but it also has levels that MOHAA doesn't and vice versa. MOHAA is the better game IMO though, because it's on PC, better graphics, gameplay etc.

Got around to installing it, and yeah, it's a lot different than Frontline. I'm enjoying it. Just now cleared out the bunkers at Omaha Beach.

That is the second worst WW2 shooter I've ever played, behind MoH Airborne.

I swear, the PS2 version, which was heavily gimped compared to the PS3 and 360 version from what I heard, is probably the single worst CoD I have ever played.

Hamster Gutz
01-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Got around to installing it, and yeah, it's a lot different than Frontline. I'm enjoying it. Just now cleared out the bunkers at Omaha Beach.

The singleplayer is great. I think Stephen Spielberg created the MoH franchise, or at least helped with MOHAA. If you've ever seen Saving Private Ryan you will definitely see similarities, I won't spoil anything though :). The multiplayer is the best part of the game though, I was hooked for years as a kid. Pretty much all the maps are great, and the expansion packs are equally awesome. You get to play as other factions in them, like the Russians. I could write a book about how much I love this game, lol.

vashts1985
01-20-2012, 09:47 PM

I swear, the PS2 version, which was heavily gimped compared to the PS3 and 360 version from what I heard, is probably the single worst CoD I have ever played.

i remember getting my ♥♥♥ kicked repeatedly in Omaha beach trying to get around those damn MG nests at the top of the bluff.

good times. now i gotta go find a copy of the game again. :o

Spaceguy5
01-20-2012, 11:41 PM
I miss Call of Duty, and Call of Duty UO </3 The new CoD (and Battlefield) games make baby unicorns cry.