PDA

View Full Version : @ Devs. Future Plans for Dustforce?

cronotorious
01-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Just Curious, what are the future plans for the game after all or most bugs are fix'd and the collectables have been add'd?

More and more people are already getting to the Giga Difficult lvl and even SS'ing it..

Will theyr be additional area's with more easy - giga lvls?
Or maybe only more Giga type lvls?

Free content or DLC's? Seeing as how the game is right now, i'd preffer it as a DLC if new area's would be add'd. (Would be more fitting)

The area should be in everyones game with a door blocking the way, and the DLC would give you the key to unlock it..

Maybe i'm Jumping the gun or going way ahead as the game Launched just recently.

But still curious what the dev's have planned.. even small hints or tips, would be nice.

I'm quite bad in the game, but still looking forward to what it'l bring in the future.

Lifeformed
01-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Here are a couple of things we have planned in the near future:
- More levels (lots of hard ones)
- Level editor, and level sharing server
- More platforms, like Mac and Linux
- Secrets, and achievements for finding them
- A website with live scoreboards and community stuff

All of the extra content will be Free.

DiZasteR
01-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Great to hear!

Especially the level editor will make this game provide endless hours of fun! Thanks for making it :D

Lifeformed
01-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Yeah the editor is sweet, you'll be able to make gigantic levels since all the world data is streamed in.

DiZasteR
01-21-2012, 05:53 PM
Will you provide online/ingame scoreboards and replays for custom levels? Or at least for the popular ones? That would make it way better than without.

XHollywood18
01-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Glad to hear the DLC will be free. Even though I'd easily give a few bucks for extra levels.

joek00
01-21-2012, 06:24 PM
I was wondering if you add extra profiles or save files to the game.

DiZasteR
01-21-2012, 07:36 PM
I was wondering if you add extra profiles or save files to the game.

This is quite important for speedrunning aswell. The game is focused on speedrunning but if you want to promote full-game runs then you'd need to allow to wipe progress or multiple profiles/saves.

joek00
01-21-2012, 07:51 PM
This is quite important for speedrunning aswell. The game is focused on speedrunning but if you want to promote full-game runs then you'd need to allow to wipe progress or multiple profiles/saves.

I meant to say have multiple profiles for more than one player.

DiZasteR
01-21-2012, 07:59 PM
I know joek00, I am saying that it would also be helpful for full-game speedrunning. I think some crazy people would be into that for sure.

mrklik
01-21-2012, 09:10 PM
How about a ghost system? Allowing us to use any replay as a ghost a la any racing game.

Kitsunin
01-21-2012, 10:13 PM
How about a ghost system? Allowing us to use any replay as a ghost a la any racing game.

I also think this could be cool, although really I find it's easy enough to use time to tell how you're doing...it'd be convenient.

Mostly I just want to a see a well featured Level Editor though. I really hope you can create hubs & add speaking characters into it.

cronotorious
01-22-2012, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the information Lifeformed :)

and you said " couple of things " so i'm guessing theres more ;)

Erahgon
01-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Could you guys possibly implement a way to disable certain abilities, like in the tutorial? It could be pretty useful if someone is trying to make Kyntt Stories kinda thing where you need to explore to find your attack abilities and double jump abilities to advance in the level.

Meuhoua
01-22-2012, 09:59 AM
A little request : please, add the possibility to restart with another character and consult leaderboard without leaving the current level.

Tinker
01-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Supersweet! Looking forward to it :)

Le0
01-23-2012, 12:03 AM
A little request : please, add the possibility to restart with another character and consult leaderboard without leaving the current level.

This.

Also online multiplayer.

Highlighter
01-23-2012, 08:38 AM
I'd actually like to see some easy to medium levels added. Not all of us are leet-GigaDifficult-SS clearers. :P

careface312
01-23-2012, 08:52 AM
I'd actually like to see some easy to medium levels added. Not all of us are leet-GigaDifficult-SS clearers. :P

This!

Also the switching character thing is pretty vital. Viewing the leaderboard could be useful if it can disable replays until you've cleared the level.

AxonZin
01-23-2012, 03:13 PM
This is quite important for speedrunning aswell. The game is focused on speedrunning but if you want to promote full-game runs then you'd need to allow to wipe progress or multiple profiles/saves.Yes, please this! I'm really interested in doing single segment runs of this game but it would be really frustrating to have to clear my save data every time I play it.

xFadedx
01-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Will we be able to add our own textures with the level editor?

WeeMadBadger
01-24-2012, 07:47 AM
Any chance for a Mac release?

Just finished Limbo and Rochard for Mac... Now, if only Bastion and Dustforce could join the pack...

LoqueNahak
01-24-2012, 09:56 AM
Any chance for a Mac release?
Yes, Mac and Linux versions are on the way!

Paladincheg
01-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Ghost replays would be really great