PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem

fortunehunters
01-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Took me sometime to fix the "steam not found" problem. Then some more on the widescreen patch. But for some reason, I can't bring up the menu in game with ESC. It worked when I played the first 3 missions. But from the 4th and on, nothing happens when I hit ESC. So now I cannot save the game, or even quit it without using task manager. Help?

Aburel
01-29-2012, 12:18 PM
The problem with ESC not functioning is happening every time you are using alt+tab.
I dont know if this have any solution other then not using alt+tab at all during your game time.

Arparso
02-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Try hitting ALT once while in the game - that might restore ESC functionality. Similar weirdness happens to me a lot when running the editor and switching back and forth between windows. E.g. some hotkeys would stop working - hitting ALT once usually fixes that.

Aburel
02-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Oh, damn so simple solution.
Thanks for advice, its working.
Now i can use again alt+tab in game. :)

Arparso
02-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Glad, it's working. :)

ALT is usually used to open the menu in most Windows applications. I guess, using ALT+TAB somehow seems to get Nexus stuck in this "open menu" state and leads to hotkeys not working properly. Hitting ALT a second time closes the non-existing menu and makes the game behave normal again.