PDA

View Full Version : Mage/Rogue underpowered? (Envenomed Edge)

Phobophobia
01-23-2012, 05:46 AM
I just tried the demo, and wanted to roll a Mage who dabbled in Skill (Or whatever the rogue/assassin tree is called :P). I bought some chakrams from the lady in the inn and used the "Envenomed Edge" ability, but as far as I can tell, Envenomed Edge doesn't work with Chrakrams.
The ability says "All edged weapons" - That should include chakrams, since a chakram without edges, is just a ring that you toss at people.

Is this intentional? I really hope its just an oversight, cause I was really looking forward to this combination. . .

Lone_Deranger
01-23-2012, 06:02 AM
Chakrams are ranged weapons. I believe you must have a melee weapon.

Phobophobia
01-23-2012, 06:08 AM
I'm pretty sure Envenomed Edge only works with daggers, faeblades, swords and arrows. But in my opinion that doesn't make a lick of sense, since a chakram is a cutting weapon.

thyco1
01-23-2012, 09:02 AM
From playing the demo i do believe that the rogue tree does seem a bit underpowered at the begining compared to being a fighter or a mage. Daggers seem to be extremely weak and a full 3/3 of charge attack with daggers wont even kill a boggart ( those blobs with tiki masks).

Compared to a 3 swings of a long sword or a 3 wacks with a staff which will kill a baggart, daggers take forever to the point that it seems like your better off using daggers for stealth kills only.

Ive also used a trainer to put 123 points in every tree ( every talent maxed and even then daggers are still under powered against the lowly boggart.

GrifterMordiff
01-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Ive also used a trainer to put 123 points in every tree ( every talent maxed and even then daggers are still under powered against the lowly boggart.

Daggers aren't great weapons. Faeblades are far, far better, espesically with 6 points in Faeblade Mastery.

Coord
01-24-2012, 01:51 AM
How exactly are they underpowered? :/, put your first 3 points into that shadow blade ability, the one where you throw black dust then click again to throw a bunch of daggers and you can 1 shot any monster currently in the game...

And because its an arc you can clear out 3-4 mobs with a single hit... really really op.