PDA

View Full Version : Is Far Cry Instincts worth getting if I already have Far Cry on PC?

ozzyoscy
01-23-2012, 09:55 AM
Is Instincts simply a lesser version of the PC game, or is it worthwhile as a standalone game despite having the PC version?

If it is, would I be better off spending a few pounds more to get Far Cry Instincts: Predator on Xbox 360 instead?

1rapture
01-23-2012, 12:19 PM
avoid at all costs

ozzyoscy
01-24-2012, 09:46 AM
avoid at all costs

Why?

--

Combatd
03-17-2012, 12:29 AM
About Far Cry: Insticts... pretty much the same with worse graphics, lower draw distances, and some of the open landscapes made more linear to offset the hardware disadvantage. No point.

Andreson
05-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Is Instincts simply a lesser version of the PC game, or is it worthwhile as a standalone game despite having the PC version?

If it is, would I be better off spending a few pounds more to get Far Cry Instincts: Predator on Xbox 360 instead?

Actually yes! My friend played the Instincts one, it's definitely superior to it's PC counterpart. Much less liniar, with a better story(hurray) and actually, I guess more scary.

JDTrakal
06-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Personally the only thing I found better than the PC version was the water graphics on the X360. Apart from that the PC is a lot better.

iBobaFett
06-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Actually yes! My friend played the Instincts one, it's definitely superior to it's PC counterpart. Much less liniar, with a better story(hurray) and actually, I guess more scary.

I hope you're joking. FC: Instincts (both of 'em) were extremely linear, while Far Cry 1 on PC is much more wide open.

The only reason I'd recommend Instincts, is for the Infection-style Multiplayer mode, called Predator. Unfortunately nobody plays Instincts anymore, but when they did it was fun to build a base and a bunch of stuff in a map, then load it up into Predator mode with some friends and fight off the predator/mutants.

Cooper Kid
06-06-2012, 06:20 PM
I thought it was worth it for the single player. It is a lot different from the first Far Cry though.