PDA

View Full Version : Seamless: I have a problem with the control configuration

Akuen
01-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Let me start off by saying that the game looks awesome, and I can't wait to play it!

I have a problem with configuring my controls, however.

See, I normally play my space combat sims with my PlayStation 2 gamepad. The only way that feels natural to me is having thrust+roll assigned to the left analog stick, and pitch+yaw assigned to the right analog stick.

The problem is, however, that if I select "gamepad" in the control configuration screen, it will only allow me to assign buttons to the thrust, not an axis. And if I select "joystick", it'll only give me three axes (instead of the four found on a gamepad with two analog sticks), namely X-Axis, Y-Axis and a Twist Axis.

Can you please patch it in, so it's possible to assign an axis to the trust controls in the gamepad mode, so I, and others like me, can enjoy the game to it's fullest?

Can't wait to play - cheers! :)

EDIT: Also, I want to give you guys a high five for working so hard on delivering patches so fast. I wish all devs were like this. I hope you'll take care of this little pet peeve of mine too. :)

meiam89
01-29-2012, 03:58 PM
I have a similar suggestion, I find that the gamepad control are pretty bad, and using the mouse is really annoying since you can't just move the mouse in one direction and have it move this way like for an analogue stick, instead having to constantly pick it up and putting it down again (or having super high sensitivity that make it too twitchy).

For the game pad, I'd like to be able to map yawning to the trigger shoulder button (on xbox 360 controller), I'd also would like it if the slide could be move to the right analogue stick instead of it being a held down button. Also if you could make the speed up/down to be button press but gradual so that we could slow down but not stop (or maybe change it so that this only control you're acceleration speed, and not make it brake) and make it so that we could map afterburn to the same button than speed up but only apply when you have it fully press down (I have to admit that one seems pretty damn hard to make).

If anybody ever played the ace combat series, I'm essentially trying to get those control for this game, after one hour of tweaking with the control and never finding somethings that worked, I decided to boot up AC5, and within 5 sec I was flying teh most naturally possible.

SeamlessStocks
01-29-2012, 04:58 PM
I have a similar suggestion, I find that the gamepad control are pretty bad, and using the mouse is really annoying since you can't just move the mouse in one direction and have it move this way like for an analogue stick, instead having to constantly pick it up and putting it down again (or having super high sensitivity that make it too twitchy).

A beta version of the virtual joystick (ala Freelancer) is going in the next patch.