PDA

View Full Version : I got an achievement even using cheats o.O

Mud0ra
01-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Hello guys. My apologies about this question but i was testing the console commands today and i got that achievement where you need level a skill to 100(this was a coincidence because i was level up that moment, i don't know if achievements are disable with especific commands but i used "Showracemenu", "fov" and player.setscale and got this achievement. Maybe the new patch make the achievements works even using console commands? :confused:

ansellbwoy
01-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Console commands dont affect achievements, you can still get them using console commands.

Edit: Its always been like that

TheFrosty
01-28-2012, 09:42 AM
Console command =/= cheat code.

Paingiver
01-28-2012, 09:46 AM
This has been known from day one.

fabiostahl
01-28-2012, 09:46 AM
People always told using console commands would disable achievements for that session since Fallout, I don't know.

gentlefury
01-28-2012, 09:51 AM
If you couldn't use console commands Skyrim would be impossible to finish! There are several main quests that are so bugged you have to use the console to make them continue.

ansellbwoy
01-28-2012, 10:27 AM
If you couldn't use console commands Skyrim would be impossible to finish! There are several main quests that are so bugged you have to use the console to make them continue.

Im sure there are bugs, i hear people complaining alot. But i have played through the game around 5 times and never encountered a quest breaking bug, let alone game breaking. Guess ive been lucky.

Mud0ra
01-28-2012, 01:18 PM
My apologies about my ignorance but i thought Skyrim works like fallout new vegas where if you use commands achievements are disabled. It was a surprise for me but it's clear now. Thanks a lot. ;)