PDA

View Full Version : Laiken Hall of Echoes Instant Death? (SPOILERS)

silverace99
01-28-2012, 06:45 PM
Hi,

I'm having a problem in the Hall of Echoes. Once Laiken comes out with his demon buddy to fight me, His fireball attacks are one hit kill. Apparently this is a known bug and was supposed to be patched, but clearly it's not....anybody know a way to fix this? Obviously I can't progress.

Steadios
02-04-2012, 01:16 AM
i killed him though i had to look for hints on the web, i did have trouble but i remember i think you have not got all you need from the quests, i think you need some special items, check a walkthrough

Montyleeny15
04-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Are you serious? I've killed Laiken many times and I never noticed a bug. It's all about tactics and how to get round him. Hide behind certain objects to block the fireballs and have a creature with you to distract. Once the demon enters melee range, you should start using melee attacks (as a warrior) and make sure your companion is set to 'Healer'.

clivegshep
07-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Yes, it is a (well known) bug. I'm there right now and even with a trainer and "unlimited health" it is still a one shot kill.

I read somewhere that Larian can fix it for you if you send them a save game. But I can't find where I saw that.

I've reloaded save games from hours before with the same result.

As you say, no way to progress.

Raze
07-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Lowering the difficulty level may help (it will reduce the damage done, hopefully enough it is no longer a one hit kill).

Do you have your creature active, and/or a summon? Perhaps drink an armour and/or healing potion before finishing off the previous opponent. Even if you don't have time to move or pause the game (and use Hide in Shadows, or something), Laiken may decide to target a summon rather than your character, giving you time to attack (if you can stay mostly behind your creature, it may block a spell cast at you).

One person who ran into this problem used CheatEngine to fix their health until they got past Ba'al (though someone mentioned that Steam may have a problem with the use of CheatEngine, even with a single player game). I'm not sure why it isn't helping with Laiken (maybe the trainer just automatically heals, rather than preventing the hit points from dropping).

Where's the trick to Ba'al? (http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=435579&an=)

[Not Sure if Bug][Spoilers]Killed Instantly (http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=425540&an=)

If you email your save to support@larian.com, with a description of the problem, they can fix it for you.

In XP the saves are in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (XP, Vista (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html), Win 7 (http://www.ghacks.net/2010/04/14/how-to-show-hidden-files-in-windows-7/)).

ElfShotTheFood
07-27-2012, 01:28 PM
I just kept constantly circling around the outer edge of the room, taking out the minions and summoners with arrows.

Once all the minions are dead, Ba'al is not hard to beat with ranged attacks; he barely moves, and if you stay far away from him you can dodge his fireballs and hit him easily with arrows.

Raze
07-27-2012, 01:57 PM
That is the strategy I used for Ba'al with my warrior (using Rush Attack rather than arrows) in the original release of D2:ED. With a ranger in DKS (on nightmare difficulty) I found it easier to stay in the entrance hallway and draw opponents to me, then go after Ba'al. His attacks could still hit me at the entrance (even if I moved back out of sight or hugged the walls), but didn't do too much damage.

Unfortunately, if this bug gets triggered, the attacks are faster than normal as well as much stronger, so it may not be possible to avoid them.

clivegshep
07-28-2012, 05:18 AM
I finally got through, yesterday, after 7 or 8 replays.

At some point I verified the integrity of the game cache and defragmented the cache files. I don't know if that may have had something to do with it.