PDA

View Full Version : Please unlock ALL levels?

isolated1
01-28-2012, 11:37 PM
I don't want to get perfect ratings in levels to get keys to unlock levels, I paid for the game, I feel all levels should be available. Anyone else agree?

Omnifarious
01-29-2012, 12:40 AM
What is up with the newer generation of "gamers" being so entitled they think that just because they paid for something they shouldn't have to work for something.

In other-words no, I don't agree at all. You knew what kind of game this was when you got it, that's like thinking you should have everything unlocked in Super Meat Boy just because you don't want to collect all the bandages.

Besides if you can't perfect the levels then you *can't* beat the levels that you unlock with keys, so its pointless.

steeh
01-29-2012, 01:08 AM
What is up with the newer generation of "gamers" being so entitled they think that just because they paid for something they shouldn't have to work for something.

In other-words no, I don't agree at all. You knew what kind of game this was when you got it, that's like thinking you should have everything unlocked in Super Meat Boy just because you don't want to collect all the bandages.

Besides if you can't perfect the levels then you *can't* beat the levels that you unlock with keys, so its pointless.

nuff said :P

Chibito
01-29-2012, 01:30 AM
That's just the way level progression is planned in this game. In most games, you complete level 1 before level 2, here completion means SS and the progression isn't as linear. If you can't beat level 1, you're not going to beat level 2 and you're not unlocking it either. That's how most games work (if difficulty curve is well designed).

iczi
01-29-2012, 01:45 AM
Game industry is at fault for such behavior. This reminded of a couple vids exactly about that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZtBCpo0eU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4yIxUOWrtw

Bukkithead
01-29-2012, 06:51 AM
ITT: I don't want to have to play the game to get through the game.

The game is built around getting perfect runs. It would be silly at best to unlock more levels any other way.

Cardia
01-29-2012, 07:04 AM
Keys are more like rewards, in this game.
You win a key, you unlock an harder level.

If you can't SS a level that doesn't require a key, how will you do to SS an harder level ? LOL.

Double S the easy levels, and you'll have keys.

ND_OHNOES
01-29-2012, 07:39 AM
To be fair with the OP this game has a poor progression system.

There should never have been an equal amount of regular, silver, and gold doors. Should have been 6 reg, 4 silver, 2 gold or 5 regular, 5 silver, 2 gold (need to SS two silver doors to get 1 gold key).

There really shouldn't be so many gold doors to silver doors when I'm playing a gold level where only 150 people have SS it out of almost 16k players. About half the gold doors are more frustrating than fun IMO.

iczi
01-29-2012, 08:55 AM
To be fair with the OP this game has a poor progression system.

There should never have been an equal amount of regular, silver, and gold doors. Should have been 6 reg, 4 silver, 2 gold or 5 regular, 5 silver, 2 gold (need to SS two silver doors to get 1 gold key).

There really shouldn't be so many gold doors to silver doors when I'm playing a gold level where only 150 people have SS it out of almost 16k players. About half the gold doors are more frustrating than fun IMO.

Yeah devs are working on that, they'll add lot more easy and uber hard doors :P.