PDA

View Full Version : Base Game/Standalone Issue

WNxFusionGamerX
01-29-2012, 09:29 AM
I won't be alone in this issue but this is very strange.

Decided to get the stand-alone Dead Legions to complement my previous purchase of Fallen Champions.

Now according to the devs, this game DOES NOT require KA2, however after buying Dead Legions Steam now thinks I have BOTH the standalone AND the base game!

1. Base game removed from wishlist. (should have stayed put)

2. Gives the green "you now own" box under both base game and stand-alone.

For me it means tracking the game will be much harder since I don't focus on 1 game at a time. Also when I do eventually buy the main game (on sale like 6 months from now) it might not process the transaction since the client will assume I already have it :(

Please concur with Valve and fix this asap.

Thankyou

PurSpyk!!
01-29-2012, 09:33 AM
I was think of getting Dead Legions, is the game worthwhile? Any idea the length?

eagleFMJ
01-29-2012, 09:33 AM
I won't be alone in this issue but this is very strange.

Decided to get the stand-alone Dead Legions to complement my previous purchase of Fallen Champions.

Now according to the devs, this game DOES NOT require KA2, however after buying Dead Legions Steam now thinks I have BOTH the standalone AND the base game!

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2507375

Kate_Neocore
01-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Hi guys, unfortunately we (the devs) have no possibility to do anyting about it, but I'm sure the guys at Paradox are already working on it. Hopefully they will fix this issue soon.

WNxFusionGamerX
01-29-2012, 02:41 PM
So lemme get this right Neocore. It's your game (you made it and the standalone) yet your telling all your customers (as in us) that you have NO say in how your KA2 game and Dead Legions is launched/processed/digital/retail/dealt with??? Do you realize how backwardly stupid that sounds in todays gaming industry? YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO FIX THE PROBLEM! You and Paradox and Steam all play a part in this so quit denying your partial responsibility in this.

Might not matter to you much but you will get like 30% cut of the money earned and all customers like me end up with is a confusing situation.

Why did Dead Legion not get it's own Steam Library entry like Fallen Champion did? That would have fixed this whole thing.

It's supposed to be STAND ALONE, not a DLC added "INTO" the KA2 entry!

Clegane
01-29-2012, 02:43 PM
So lemme get this right Neocore. It's your game (you made it and the standalone) yet your telling all your customers (as in us) that you have NO say in how your KA2 game and Dead Legions is launched/processed/digital/retail/dealt with??? Do you realize how backwardly stupid that sounds in todays gaming industry? YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO FIX THE PROBLEM! You and Paradox and Steam all play a part in this so quit denying your partial responsibility in this.

Might not matter to you much but you will get like 30% cut of the money earned and all customers like me end up with is a confusing situation.

Why did Dead Legion not get it's own Steam Library entry like Fallen Champion did? That would have fixed this whole thing.

It's supposed to be STAND ALONE, not a DLC added "INTO" the KA2 entry!

You really have no idea whatsoever what you're talking about.
Please gather an understanding of the differences between a DEVELOPER and a PUBLISHER and a DISTRIBUTOR before you start talking out your backside in this fashion. Stop slagging off Neocore when, in point of fact, they have very little say in certain aspects involving the DISTRIBUTION of the game they DEVELOPED.