View Full Version : Oxford possessed bug
01-29-2012, 10:47 AM
I went through this quest in every possible way I think and every time it came down to two choices:
- I have no choice but to burn the town.
- I have no choice but to admit defeat and leave.
I didn't want to do the tyrant one and the second one caused Oxford to turn into a Nemesis Gate. Basically I got into the tunnels and seemingly found the master demon and then the next screen is these two incongruous options.
01-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Same here. I reported this on the official forums a earlier today :
01-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Is there any way to fix Oxford after it's Nether Gated?
01-29-2012, 11:32 AM
OK, it's not easy to find the right way, but we never said dealing with the Fomorians is easy :)
This is the quest called Harbingers of Sickness
The path you should follow to prevent the NetherGate to open:
- Hear the rumours first
- Go to the cadaver pit, light a torch but do NOT go down!
- Visit the guards instead and ask them:
- Have they searched the slums? and where they have found the most infected ppl? And what buildings are there?
- After that you can do basicly anything just don't burn the city to the ground (if you don't want to)
- Gate will not open after a few turns and city will be saved
01-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Here is the problem :
1) The quest seems from the start to want us to find the monster and kill it. At any point this happens, or at at any point we are given a reason not to search for it and kill it.
2) Executing the plan doesn't mean much when you just visited a couple of places and have a map. It does not say "attack the monster" or anything specific, so it is very difficult to know if we made progress or not. Other quests work well because when you search and explore, new choices open up at the end so you know you made progress.
This is why the quest is confusing, and unless people read your solution in the spoiler tag above, they will either fail it or just assume the quest is bugged like i did. The quest is not bugged in its programming but in its writing and logic, if that makes things clearer. :)
01-29-2012, 09:06 PM
I beat the quest just now. Couple more issues :
- When you successfully beat the quest, the narrator reads the end text twice in a row.
- Even if you fully explore and clean the monsters efficiently and finish the quest as rightful, the narrator still says "you leave the town with a sour taste in your mouth".
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.