PDA

View Full Version : Create a "Mobile" Status

smitty5569
01-30-2012, 03:12 AM
The title is self explanatory, I think a user's status should be changed to "Mobile" when on a mobile device rather then Online, Away and so on. If you don't want to remove the abilities to change the status then you could make it so that the status says "Online (Mobile)", "Away (Mobile)" or something along those lines.

It can be annoying not being able to inform people that I'm on a mobile device unless I actually send them a message. Someone may try me to play a game/try to invite me to a game but I can't. Or Someone tries to message me but I don't respond. Those sorts of things be annoying. I just think it would be better if my friends knew if I was on a PC or a mobile.

The Kins
01-30-2012, 03:37 AM
This is already in the Beta version of the PC/Mac client.

cylon
01-30-2012, 06:44 AM
It can't AUTO change it - How would this work when you're logged in on both the pc and the mobile (as i am at the moment) (PC - Home. Mobile - Work)

It would have to be manual.

Colonel_Black
01-30-2012, 06:53 AM
It can't AUTO change it - How would this work when you're logged in on both the pc and the mobile (as i am at the moment) (PC - Home. Mobile - Work)

It would have to be manual.

Uh? I'm logged in on both and it says "Online, Mobile". You just need to opt in for Steam Beta