PDA

View Full Version : Just bought the game on steam, cannot get voices.

Soram
02-01-2012, 03:33 AM
So, like the title says, i go to start a new game, all other sounds play, but the NPC's voices do not play, and no lips are moving. I tried searching for a fix for this, but i couldnt find anything.

Anyone have any ideas?

B33F11
02-12-2012, 02:57 PM
I just so happen to be in the same boat at the moment. I have thirty hours on the game so far and today is the only time it did this. I restarted the game twice and the issue persisted. I cannot figure out what the problem is. This game has been out long enough for there to be zero bugs and glitches but I digress.

Anyways I remember maybe 15 hours in in between Vault 101 and The three satellites up north I experienced a high pitched buzzing sound that wouldn't go away. After awhile it did eventually go away. The next morning... I also restarted the game when that happened a few times.

I am using a 5.1 surround sound system. Maybe that is the problem? I have no idea...

I am going to try the fix for freezing and crashing and see if that helps considering I experience this to, also using Windows 7 64bit.

B33F11
02-12-2012, 06:25 PM
I fixed the issue on my end. I had some sort of audio enhancer turned on on my 5.1 surround sound system which disabled voices in games and youtube videos, I just had to turn it off to fix this issue. Maybe this can help you OP