PDA

View Full Version : Runtime error Coretech2_x86

rexalrex
02-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Same old story:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!
..es\steam\steamapps\common\kingarturii\CoreTech2_ x86_11.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information"

Receiving this error message directly at the main menu. Any ideas?

Dureon
02-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Please, my patience is really running out from seeing this error constantly. I suffer from this exact issue in tactical fights over and over.

I feel like I havn't seen a polished game launch in a long time, even big name titles seem to be more like glorified Betas you pay for with no re-fund option. I don't know if it is a lack of funding for the developers pushing items out far before they are complete or what, but I feel like I have been burned more times this year than I can count.

I believe I am done buying new titles and will only purchase an item after it has been released for 6 months had 20 patches and good forum write-ups.

Dont mean to flame or hijack this thread but I am frustrated.

Planetbuster
02-05-2012, 11:23 AM
This error is crashing every battle for me (most of the time during spell casting, either side doing the casting)...no problems during campaign map. I played the pre purchase prologue without a single crash.

THIS is very frustrating...( I love this game but it crashes waaaay to much with this runtime error. I dont know much about the C++ error, is that DirectX stuff?

I know I am up to date on all drivers.

Anyone hear anything?

rexalrex
02-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Same here, mostly when I try to cast a lighting spell. Tried different drivers etc., doesn't really help. I wonder if there are any Nvidia card users that do not experience CTD's.. It would be interesting to know what drivers/DirectX they are using.

Planetbuster
02-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Yeah I remade my character from sage to warlord because the fireball spell was instant runtime error lol. Now I am getting it on the in close freeze spell to. For some reason shards doesnt do it heh.

Edit: If they can work out the issues this game is one of the best.....I swear to those looking at the forum it is good...just a darn bug.

I want to be playing sooo bad heh!

It also seems that the longer my campaign goes on the more it crashes...cant even play a no spell casting game....sigh

Thodoug
02-06-2012, 10:18 AM
The runtime error is at the beginning of the last battle's first chapter for me. So i can't play this game !!!!

pauldog
02-06-2012, 11:43 AM
I get the runtime error in battles when I don't even posses the spells you guys are struggling with. I am now getting it on battle startup. Unplayable game - how disappointing.

Thodoug
02-07-2012, 02:45 PM
The last update don't change anything about the runtime error

pauldog
02-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Well just loaded the game to play since Version 4 update and guess what - runtime error. Please someone help!!

rexalrex
02-08-2012, 02:12 AM
Well, I guess we just have to wait until future patch will fix this issue. But it seems that this error is more common to Nvidia users...

Zachlaj
02-08-2012, 06:07 AM
yup, same error... and im an nvidia user... but mine is in CoreTech2_X86.exe

make my day... make this dissapear...
http://i39.tinypic.com/s1ur7r.jpg

Kate_Neocore
02-08-2012, 06:38 AM
We're already working on this issue, many thanks for the reports though.

pauldog
02-08-2012, 03:47 PM
We're already working on this issue, many thanks for the reports though.

Thanks Katie Kate, you guys are doing a great job having done four updates already so don't think we aren't grateful but this problem isn't just a bug, it makes the game totally unplayable. Hopefully though all will be well with the next update?

Thodoug
02-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks Katie Kate, you guys are doing a great job having done four updates already so don't think we aren't grateful but this problem isn't just a bug, it makes the game totally unplayable. Hopefully though all will be well with the next update?

+1, thanks to the team.

Zachlaj
02-10-2012, 04:19 AM
up up up! still the same error happens...

Thodoug
02-10-2012, 06:21 AM
The new update don't change anything for us, just a question : this problem happens only on the steam versions ?

PS : Excuse for my bad english

rexalrex
02-11-2012, 04:00 PM
just an update, last patch did solve the ctd when casting lighting/fireball spell for me. But now I am getting ctd during the last battle in chapter 1... so, i guess, one step at the time :)

ParaGR
02-12-2012, 01:27 AM
Similar situation for me.

Before the latest patch I was getting the "Runtime Error" CTD when attempting to use the location-based offensive spells (clicking on the target unit, to be precise).

The latest patch "fixed" this, but now I am getting the same CTD whenever I try to initiate a battle (clicking the "Battle" button, after attacking an enemy army).

Incidentally, I never faced the reported frame rate problems, despite having a somewhat dated rig. The only performance-related issues I faced were (and continue to be) the extraordinarily long loading times.

Still, the game remains simply unplayable with the runtime CTDs.

Unfortunately, gaming companies continue to ruin their own market, "counting" on the fact that most of their customers are kids/young adults.

I have only myself to blame really, this was the first game that I bought pre-release, in over three years (my rule is never touch anything that has not been out for at least 2 months).

Markito92
03-05-2012, 03:17 PM
I had Runtime errors since the begining with Win 32 bits, but this week end, i tried something i used to do to play Napoleon Total War, and until now, i didn't have one single error.

I will try to post the solution, i hope it will works for you, i'm french so i'll do my best ! (My windows is in french so i don't know the exact words in english)

First of all, you must have more than 2Go RAM !

1) Click on start button (down left of the screen)
2) Choose "All programs"
3) Choose "Accessories"
4) Righ click on "MS DOS Command" and choose "execute as administrator"
5) Then type this exact line if you have 3Go Ram : bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500 (3064 if you have 4Go)

You must have a message telling you operation was successful, if you doesn't have this message, try bcdedit/set increaseuserva 2500 or different combination until you have the successful message.

RESTART COMPUTER AFTER THE SCCESSFULL MESSAGE.

It worked for me, i hope it will for you all, tell me if it works.