PDA

View Full Version : prototype 2 pc version delayed

UTROMSHREDDER
02-02-2012, 04:09 AM
bad news. activision announced that prototype 2 will come to pc on july 24 3 months after consol. another pc delay:(:(

Blood_Wraith
02-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Aww, that's okay.

I'm still enjoying the first game.

MohoMine
02-06-2012, 12:28 AM
Honstly, that's probably good news. That's a lot of time to polish the PC version performance/graphics/conrols-wise.

And if some DLC rolls out in that time, we'll likely get it with the game for free.

UTROMSHREDDER
02-07-2012, 05:58 AM
Honstly, that's probably good news. That's a lot of time to polish the PC version performance/graphics/conrols-wise.

And if some DLC rolls out in that time, we'll likely get it with the game for free.

good news?! that very bad news! it will decrease the pc sales a lot by doing it. 3 months is a LONG time you know. And we all know why they are doing it:piracy:eek: yes that why they delayed it. I am sure pc version will be ready by then , as they released the first prototype at the same time for pc too. So it is not like they need more time to develop it or that they dont have enough time to do it.

hughesyboozy
02-13-2012, 08:40 AM

If you think they spend that time polishing the game then (no offence) you're very naive.

They do this to try and pad sales on consoles......

LaptopNut
02-16-2012, 05:48 PM

Yep true, by the time they release, all of that polishing will result in an even more shiny game :)

A great example was the Arkham City PC delay where they spent time perfecting DX11 and doing other polishing stuff.

Laluzi
03-12-2012, 01:08 PM
I'm pretty upset by the delay - three months seems excessive (also means I won't be getting the game around my birthday, but when summer's more than halfway over). Mainly because it seems likely to me that this is less about polishing the game and more about piracy prevention, which is a reasonable cause, but doesn't really favor gamers like me who only have a computer.

bwolfman
03-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Yep true, by the time they release, all of that polishing will result in an even more shiny game :)

A great example was the Arkham City PC delay where they spent time perfecting DX11 and doing other polishing stuff.

You're kidding, right?

AC PC edition was delayed for absolutely no reason whatsoever. DX11 performance was lackluster at best on release. There was a massive thread dealing with issues like this, including proof that the game had not been touched two months prior to the PC release.

Delays are 95% on the time never a good thing.

LaptopNut
03-18-2012, 07:30 AM
You're kidding, right?

AC PC edition was delayed for absolutely no reason whatsoever. DX11 performance was lackluster at best on release. There was a massive thread dealing with issues like this, including proof that the game had not been touched two months prior to the PC release.

Delays are 95% on the time never a good thing.

Yes, I was kidding, I forget that my sarcasm doesn't always translate very well online:p

Dealwithit07
03-22-2012, 08:37 AM
I don't care anymore. God know what other crap they have at released that we need to buy to get a full game.

Roachmojo
04-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Seriously, who ♥♥♥♥ing cares anymore? PC titles will continue to be released months after the console version and that's just the way it is thanks to companies like M$.

As usual, I'll wait until its $5 or less and has at least one patch before I buy it.

golfisfun
04-24-2012, 02:29 AM
On the bright side, Ill see TDKR and then get P2. Also I still havent finshed the first one so I got 3 more months till I jump in.

Filipfonky
04-24-2012, 06:12 AM
I can't say if it's a good thing or a bad thing until i see some reviews.

Only God knows what i'll do to the Devs if the story sucks...

Tericc
04-24-2012, 03:48 PM
What makes you think there going to do any polishing at all? there doing this to build up console sales nothing more nothing less.

mad_gamer
04-25-2012, 07:28 AM
well i'm still enjoying the first one, so no problem by me :P, besides there's a lot of other good games for pc to play out there :)

stillwater78
04-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Sigh. Either it gets delayed and you complain about the wait, or it gets released alongside the console versions and someone else complains that it doesn't have enough PC-specific features and is a "bad console port".

Either way, people will whine. It's just two different sides of the same friggin' story every time. It gets boring.

My advice: Play something else, and be happy in the knowledge that you will almost definitely get a better product in July than you would have gotten in April (bugfixes, extra attention spent on PC features like AA and ambient occlusion, possible free DLC).

Beyondlimits
04-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Sigh. Either it gets delayed and you complain about the wait, or it gets released alongside the console versions and someone else complains that it doesn't have enough PC-specific features and is a "bad console port".

Either way, people will whine. It's just two different sides of the same friggin' story every time. It gets boring.
No, what does get boring is the fact that it has become a trend to release pc-versions that turn out to be lame console ports and not a game designed from the core to be a pc game.

My advice: Play something else, and be happy in the knowledge that you will almost definitely get a better product in July than you would have gotten in April (bugfixes, extra attention spent on PC features like AA and ambient occlusion, possible free DLC).
In other words, wishful thinking. We all like to think that way, but smart people are not that naive, especially when the publisher is Activision who has the reputation of being very greedy and greatly favoring consoles over pc.

Laluzi
04-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Hnn. I'm cancelling my preorder. Not fond at all of how Prototype 2 turned out.

TheRevTastic
04-26-2012, 03:46 PM
I bought Protoype last night, then 4 hours later, hey preorder Prototype 2 and get the first to play now!

Steam, I hate you.

ASnogarD
04-28-2012, 05:14 AM
I would say dont buy Prototype 2 on the PC ( get it on console if you must ), but I would also guess no one would listen and just go on about how the extra time is for polishing ( nope ) or how the PC community is full of whiney entitled ♥♥♥♥♥es ( possibly ), or how we should be happy to get the game at all ( ♥♥♥♥ off ).

It is delayed to make more sales, end of.
A lot of PC gamers also have a console, so if you release a multi platform game on the PC and consoles, the PC owner will more than likely get the PC version... however if you delay the PC version, the market hype will make the impatiant ones buy the console version now AND theres a chance the player will buy the PC version later ( just to see how much better it is ).

You also have to consider that none of the big publishers are really concerned about the PC market, and honestly if the PC market vanished they wouldnt notice... its easier ( and therefore cheaper ) to develop games for a platform with a static hardware configuration.

The BEST possible situation for the PC market is if the big names DIDNT publish thier games on the PC at all, seriously.
Why ?
Simple, the big names are flooding the PC market with cheap but flashy ports of the console games, so PC specific game development cant compete... its more about MARKETING power than actual developing costs.

Not that long ago the PC was not a game machine at all, the NES era consoles were all the market for game, PC didnt get that many big name games and basically was stuck with adventure games ( Quest series, Larry )and simulations... then companies made games like Dune 2, and Wolfenstein which completely caught the industry by suprise and attempts to make these games work on the consoles didnt work out, the PC had massively popular genres the consoles just couldnt play.

We need clear out the second hand games that are flooding the PC market to make room for new companies to make games for the PC, new companies cant compete on the console market very well but if the big names drop PC support... who knows what may come out, after all hardware is developed on the PC and hardware is useless without software.

Beyondlimits
04-29-2012, 09:10 AM
I will refrain from buying Prototype 2 even though I am a huge fan since the first one. If it turns out that the PC version is indeed delayed to boost console sales instead of polishing and other extra work to make it better, then I will get my 'copy' from a place that doesn't treat PC-gamers like ♥♥♥♥.
This issue really reminds me of what Gabe Newell said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114391-Valves-Gabe-Newell-Says-Piracy-Is-a-Service-Problem