PDA

View Full Version : Powerups...?

richtercomics
02-04-2012, 04:16 PM
I haven't finished the game yet so maybe those come up later but could powerups appear in future missions/episodes? Could different enemies drop different things? I'm always running out of missiles and whatnot. Having to fly and get a few missiles and armor pickups would add to gameplay - not always just cycle through enemies, pursue, kill, rince, repeat. Would give different targets to chase.

I had the idea when I was flying over green gas vents. I immediately thought they were boosts that would give you stuff when you flew over them and stood there for a while, so I went for them. I was dissapointed to see they were just aestetic.

I know getting fixed/replenished just by flying into orbs or whatever isn't very logical but gameplay > realism.

wkrnmtl
02-04-2012, 05:05 PM
I haven't finished the game yet so maybe those come up later but could powerups appear in future missions/episodes? Could different enemies drop different things? I'm always running out of missiles and whatnot. Having to fly and get a few missiles and armor pickups would add to gameplay - not always just cycle through enemies, pursue, kill, rince, repeat. Would give different targets to chase.

I had the idea when I was flying over green gas vents. I immediately thought they were boosts that would give you stuff when you flew over them and stood there for a while, so I went for them. I was dissapointed to see they were just aestetic.

I know getting fixed/replenished just by flying into orbs or whatever isn't very logical but gameplay > realism.

I think that's a terrible idea for this genre. But you can get more missiles and repaired if you dock with the Altas (just fly into the hangar bay)

wkrnmtl
02-04-2012, 05:12 PM
But I can see that type of thing working as a mini game. Starlancer for example had instant action features that you could dogfight in an arena with up to 10 or 12 people. There were 4 power ups. 1was invulnerability for 30 seconds, one was go stealth for 30 seconds, the other 2 were to pick up either 1 insta-kill missile or a mine.

richtercomics
02-04-2012, 06:27 PM
DOH. You can dock back? Ungh, no wonder I was doing so poorly. Forget my entire thread then. I guess docking does exactly what I expected of powerups.