PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at "Attempting to connect to controller tracker"

predcon
02-05-2012, 01:17 PM
It took several attempts to get past "Unable to authenticate" (which is different from "Invalid Username/Password; it just means the request to log in timed out even though it recognizes the information). Now I've been waiting an hour while "Attempting to connect to controller tracker...." is displayed. You'd think it would have timed out by now, or if it were downloading something, it would be telling me so.

khasra
02-07-2012, 12:29 PM
I wish there was someone who could tell me how to fix that problem

MudSlide
02-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Keep trying. The word right now is it's the invisible queue system. The game has hundreds of thousands of new players and we have to put up with this stuff until they can deal with the problem.

One way around it is to get a boxed version of the game or sub for a month. That way your queue never goes above 1 min. Before I input my box code I once had to wait for over an hour before logging in.

So either wait a bit and try again or get a cheap boxed copy from amazon. This thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2516567 has some more info.

khasra
02-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Thanks Mudslide, showing where you are in queue would be nice.

predcon
02-08-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm not buying a subscription because I've got a satellite ISP and I'm trying to find out how badly the game will lag and/or stutter before I decide whether or not to commit to anything.