PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to walk rather than run?

lizard81288
02-06-2012, 12:30 PM
I find it weird that you auto run and have to press shift to walk. Granted, this could be the AI, but as the predator, I'm trying to kill stealthily, but the AI seems to always detect me. I try holding down shift, but I suck at keyboard controls. When I hold shift, my fingers hit other keys. If I can walk normally, I'm sure I would do better, so can I make them walk rather than run?

Mad Max RW
02-06-2012, 12:53 PM
There isn't a walk toggle, but there is one for crouching which works just as well:

While playing bring down the command console by hitting the Say (or teamspeak) key.
Hit backspace a few times to get rid of the "SAY" command.
Type: CROUCHMODE 1
and hit Enter
Type: SAY
and hit Enter to close the console.

lizard81288
02-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Thank you, what are some other commands?

Mad Max RW
02-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Some of these (http://www.gamewinners.com/Cheats/index.php/Aliens_vs._Predator_Gold) only work if you add -lampcxtr -debug to the command line (right click on AvP Classic 2000 in the Steam window, click Set Launch Options...)

Timescale is a funny one. You can set it to play in a permanent bullet time mode. The rest are mostly useless.

Iron-Mike
02-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Some of these (http://www.gamewinners.com/Cheats/index.php/Aliens_vs._Predator_Gold) only work if you add -lampcxtr -debug to the command line (right click on AvP Classic 2000 in the Steam window, click Set Launch Options...)

Timescale is a funny one. You can set it to play in a permanent bullet time mode. The rest are mostly useless.

It's to bad you can't spawn the xenoborg unless it is on the level your playing. I remember back when I played the gold edition. I would spawn 10 marines and 1 xenoborg in a corridor and sit back and enjoy the action. Unless there is some other way to spawn any bot in any map in the classic edition?

Aph3x-SkorpioN
02-14-2012, 02:14 AM
I find it weird that you auto run and have to press shift to walk. Granted, this could be the AI, but as the predator, I'm trying to kill stealthily, but the AI seems to always detect me. I try holding down shift, but I suck at keyboard controls. When I hold shift, my fingers hit other keys. If I can walk normally, I'm sure I would do better, so can I make them walk rather than run?

I have noticed that once you hit Shift+Tab to activate Steam while you're playing, and then hit Shift+Tab again to close it, you end up walking on default instead of running. Try it out.

lizard81288
02-14-2012, 03:27 PM
I have noticed that once you hit Shift+Tab to activate Steam while you're playing, and then hit Shift+Tab again to close it, you end up walking on default instead of running. Try it out.

Hey, you're right. Also for me, it works when I press Shift+tab and then to exit, I press click here to resume. :D

The only downside is, you can't skip cutscenes or press a button to continue. if you want too, you have to press shift+tab again, to skip or continue, but they still walk.