PDA

View Full Version : Pros/Cons of being a Nightingale? (Spoilers)

BeaverMon
02-06-2012, 01:38 PM
So I'm on the Thieves Guild questline. I'm about to become a.. permanent member of the Nightingales. But I'm not sure if I should continue or not.

I need some pros and cons. I want to know if I'm able to still do what I want to do (questing/kill dragons/get word walls/etc..) if I do become a Nightingale. The wiki isn't telling me. All I'm seeing is "giving up your life to Nocturnal". And I don't want to do that.

I know there's a way through the console to still take down Mercer.

jenovaweapon
02-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Skeleton key

You don't have to turn in the quest right away, so it's pretty damn good to have an unbreakable lock pick. Other than that, it's just a title and you get a good set of armor.

BeaverMon
02-06-2012, 01:45 PM
That didn't answer my question, though. I mainly need to know the cons.

ftzenx
Yeah, it's just a title. It doesn't have any effects. You get one free power that you can choose, but that has no negative effects. Giving your life to nocturnal just means worshipping her. It's nothing. Join them.

Dubzac58
being a Nightingale will not stop you form doing the other quests etc.

Nightingale just allows you to have some abilties to do certain things that other theives might not.like more thief like abilties to add more luck to what you do. EG: sneek etc.

Also they add like powers that you CAN change once a day.

the only con is that your soul is bound to the deadra. i can't tell you any more cause that whould spoil the whole thing.

but you do get some fancy armor.

WCPope
02-06-2012, 01:46 PM
not sure of any Con's..Nothing is blocked because you join, so nothing is really lost.

Pro's are you get come cool armor, and another somewhat nice perk.I think it also gives you another "Base" where you can rest and store stuff too, but I'm not completely sure about that..

I think you have to join to progress the questline..

So far the only quests I've come across that had any real important decision was for the Civil War and the Dark Brotherhood.

With the Civil War, once you chose a side, you can't change, so it's either/or..

The Dark Brotherhood also has a irreversible decision at the beginning...

NoBridges
02-06-2012, 01:46 PM
As with pretty much every other thing in skyrim, it doesn't matter one bit. Nobody will care if you're a nightingale or not.

jenovaweapon
02-06-2012, 01:48 PM
That didn't answer my question, though. I mainly need to know the cons.

..There are no cons

You need to become a Nightingale I believe to become the Thieves Guild Master, which in turn lets you pay off guards for a pretty good, cheap price and the like.

Ad Nauseam
02-06-2012, 01:48 PM
So I'm on the Thieves Guild questline. I'm about to become a.. permanent member of the Nightingales. But I'm not sure if I should continue or not.

I need some pros and cons. I want to know if I'm able to still do what I want to do (questing/kill dragons/get word walls/etc..) if I do become a Nightingale. The wiki isn't telling me. All I'm seeing is "giving up your life to Nocturnal". And I don't want to do that.

...Of course you'll still be able to do all that other stuff. It's just an elaborate side-mission, and all that "giving up your life to Nocturnal"-stuff is just fluff.

So, disregarding the admittedly sort of weird original question and immediately moving on to the inevitable follow-up question; what the other guy said.

BeaverMon
02-06-2012, 01:49 PM
I see. Thanks all. This helped tremendously.

Remus Shepherd
02-06-2012, 01:51 PM
All the daedra lords want is your soul in the afterlife. Hircine wants you to go hunting with him forever...Nocturnal wants you to guard her temple...who knows what Sheogorath wants but it can't be good.

But none of those claims to your immortal soul affect you in-game. Since your character never dies (and is reloaded if they do), you never have to worry about the afterlife. There is no in-game drawback for binding yourself to any of the daedra lords. Even Boetia (although for her, there really should be).

PenGun
02-06-2012, 02:01 PM
All I'm seeing is "giving up your life to Nocturnal". And I don't want to do that.

Have you met Nocturnal? By far the hottest Deadra you will come across. I had no problem pledging my troth. All she wants is for you to guard her when you are dead.

Please if you can't take him down just move the difficulty. He is not that tough if you know what you are doing.

This console cheating is distressing.

Vulpecula
02-06-2012, 02:35 PM
My soul will be divided up evenly when I die between the daedra lords, sovengarde, and wherever it is that Dunmer go when they die. They can all fight over it. :)