PDA

View Full Version : Can't remap keys

Krohn
02-07-2012, 06:37 AM
Ok anyone else having a problem remapping keys in the full game? I use ESDF rather than WASD but wehn I try to remap it sets all of the movement keys to one key type such as FFFF or SSSS no matter which one I try to change.

SirRandolph
02-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Ok anyone else having a problem remapping keys in the full game? I use ESDF rather than WASD but wehn I try to remap it sets all of the movement keys to one key type such as FFFF or SSSS no matter which one I try to change.

I cant even see movement keys. Everything seems mapped to camera movement...

GamerVer05
02-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Huh I just checked and it does that for me too I'd post on the Amalur forums and let them know about the issue.
Edit: You shouldn't have to spend extra money to play the way you want but I'd recommend a controller if you have one, it plays very well with one.

SirRandolph
02-07-2012, 08:38 AM
I just want to use my arrow keys for movement... is that too much to ask?? GAH!!

GamerVer05
02-07-2012, 08:39 AM
I just want to use my arrow keys for movement... is that too much to ask?? GAH!!

Apparently : p I hope they fix that soon.

HorrorScope
02-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Go to the main forums, they talk on how to get the arrow keys working.

eggrock
02-07-2012, 09:17 AM
The problem seems to be with unbinding--if you rebind a key that's already used for something else, that key now controls its original action plus the new action you assigned to it.

As an example with the arrow keys - bind camera movement to something else, then bind your movements to the arrow keys. Problem solved. This can lead to a chain reaction of sorts, but people are reporting that it works.

SirRandolph
02-07-2012, 09:25 AM
The problem seems to be with unbinding--if you rebind a key that's already used for something else, that key now controls its original action plus the new action you assigned to it.

As an example with the arrow keys - bind camera movement to something else, then bind your movements to the arrow keys. Problem solved. This can lead to a chain reaction of sorts, but people are reporting that it works.

Ill give it a go, thanks. I have to admit though, its a pretty large oversight to release it this way...

SirRandolph
02-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Ill give it a go, thanks. I have to admit though, its a pretty large oversight to release it this way...

Nah, its still bugged.

SirRandolph
02-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Has anyone been able to map the arrow keys for movement (lefty w the mouse here)? For the life of me I cant seem to get it figured out. Thanks for any info.

HorrorScope
02-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Has anyone been able to map the arrow keys for movement (lefty w the mouse here)? For the life of me I cant seem to get it figured out. Thanks for any info.

http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?4197-movement-and-camera-keys-are-bound-together

You owe me one...

Dungeoness
02-07-2012, 06:39 PM

Revert the keybindings back to default, then remap F D S E, in that order, to the appropriate directions, and it will work.

.Rad
02-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Revert the keybindings back to default, then remap F D S E, in that order, to the appropriate directions, and it will work.

Hilarious bug, this worked for me (also wanted to use ESDF and came here for a solution). Thanks.

Vehementi
02-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Sadly this trick doesn't work for me with a dvorak keyboard. One of the keys just gets ... stuck and unbindable. Like it won't let me bind the equivalent of E to the key. Pressing E just doesn't work.

skeeclaw
02-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Remap Camera Keys to Numberpad Arrows then remap your arrow keys to movement it works.I use my arrow keys now to move and the camera controlls are out of my way and unbind your Arrow keys.

RenTed
10-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Reup, Anyone been able to remap the Right Mouse button key ?

Cause i dont use Magic at all and i want to be like Skyrim, Right Block and Left Click Attack.

But the tell me this: "Use Equiped spell cannot be remapped".

Thank you for you're help.