PDA

View Full Version : Steam Workshop Not Downloading

Rivenworlder
02-08-2012, 02:46 PM
I think I'm having trouble using the Steam Workshop for Skyrim. I've subscribed to a few mods but I don't see them downloading at any point and I don't see them in game when I run Skyrim. Any idea? Is there a button that I'm missing?

I've tried looking online, but all I've seen so far is a bunch of news posts talking about how awesome the Steam Workshop is going to be. They're making me kinda jealous. Ha ha!

Any help would be appreciated.

Portalfreek
02-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Exact same problem man :C

GirlPower23
02-08-2012, 04:50 PM
When you launch the game, the Launcher will say "Downloading mod 1 of Whatever: XXXXX" Don't launch the game until they are finished downloading. It's in small text.. bottom right hand corner.

loser5951
02-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Have the same problem. The text doesn't show up and the mods don't install no matter how i launch it, including the normal way. I even verified the game cache to be safe but to no avail. The only thing i have not tried is re-installing which i would hate to do.:confused:

Rivenworlder
02-08-2012, 05:19 PM
When you launch the game, the Launcher will say "Downloading mod 1 of Whatever: XXXXX" Don't launch the game until they are finished downloading. It's in small text.. bottom right hand corner.

Nope. No text. Will the .esp files show up in the Data Files like mods from the TESNexus will?

GirlPower23
02-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Nope. No text. Will the .esp files show up in the Data Files like mods from the TESNexus will?

Yes.. seems odd it's not working for you.

Rivenworlder
02-08-2012, 05:35 PM
WELL WTF THEN!

I guess I'll try to contact Steam support. See what they have to say.

Firefly_Forever
02-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I'm having the exact same issue. I've had no problems getting non-steam workshop mods working in the past, but for some reason, it's as if my Skyrim launcher is literally making no attempt to locate the mods I'm supposedly "subscribed" to.

Portalfreek
02-09-2012, 07:15 AM
Hey are you guys running 64 bit windows 7 to get these problems?

gentlefury
02-09-2012, 07:16 AM
Mine wasn't working either, then I verified the game data and it started working. Try that.

tapczan100
02-09-2012, 07:58 AM
My is still not working. Reinstalled the game 3 times, verified 2, restarted my pc many times and resubbed many times on mods.

RandoM :D
02-09-2012, 02:37 PM
I have the same problem :(. I'm on windows 8, if that matters.

EDIT: Nevermind, worked after I verified the gcf and restarted steam.

CoyoteSmith
02-09-2012, 03:50 PM
I too am having the issue with subcribing.

I got roughly 4 mods downloaded, didn't give me any downloading indication on my launcher, just took a minute longer, and boom, had 4 of 12(ish) mods I subscribed to.

I figured maybe the game needs to be played a little or something to get it going more, played with what I have. No more mods worked.

I have subscribed to 35 mods, none of them ever 'download'.

My OS is Winows7 64-bit

Lumpy539
02-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Im having the same issues but have no idea what you guys mean when you say verify. Other then that i've done everything to try and get the mods to download after subscribing

Lumpy539
02-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Found it, guess i just skipped over it this whole time. Worked right away, thanks guys!

johnv8
02-12-2012, 03:29 AM
I had the same problem and to fix it delete everything in your steam folder except for steamapps because that is where your games are located. when that is done return to the web browser and download seam again and install it, if don write you wont need to download all your games again and you Skyrim Workshop should work;)

Painkilller
02-12-2012, 02:31 PM
When I tried to login today to the workshop, it kept telling me that my login info was incorrect. Then, after a few attempts it finally took but showed me subscribed to no mods, even though I've subscribed to about 12 of them since workshop originally opened. So, I go to start resubscribing, when all of a sudden they all show up in my subscribed mods view. So, no the Skyrim launcher crashes every time it tries to start downloading the mods?!

What the hell.... Everything worked just fine last night. Simply quit playing and went to bed. Now, all this is messed up?? Anyone know if there's a problem on Steams end of things today? Certainly seems like it.

TomB
02-12-2012, 08:50 PM
When I tried to login today to the workshop, it kept telling me that my login info was incorrect. Then, after a few attempts it finally took but showed me subscribed to no mods, even though I've subscribed to about 12 of them since workshop originally opened. So, I go to start resubscribing, when all of a sudden they all show up in my subscribed mods view. So, no the Skyrim launcher crashes every time it tries to start downloading the mods?!

What the hell.... Everything worked just fine last night. Simply quit playing and went to bed. Now, all this is messed up?? Anyone know if there's a problem on Steams end of things today? Certainly seems like it.

There was a power outage at our datacenter, which caused some Steam Workshop items to appear missing. This should be fixed now. Let us know if this isn't the case.

dylanrb123
02-13-2012, 12:18 PM
same issue, even after verifying game cache, rebooting, restarting the client, etc.

Running windows 7 64bit
-drb

UPDATE:
I did what johnv8 said and now it's downloading, but I'm still not getting any text in the corner that tells me what/if anything is downloading. I just have to wait a while and check the data files menu to see if it downloaded. Any ideas as to what's causing this?

d00gatron
02-17-2012, 01:51 PM
so i thought i had the same issue with subscribed mods not downloading, turns out it was downloading but the text just didnt display on the splash screen (i opened the data files window after about 10 mins and the mod was there). Using Win7 64bit, that seems to be a common theme with workshop issues...

blueparrot1966
03-11-2012, 01:45 PM
It was a bit hairy, but JohnV8's advice worked for me too. Like others here, I never saw any download text, but the mods I subscribed to are now in the data files section of my loader.

Thanks JohnV8. I've got Win 7 64 bit as well, there's definitely a pattern there, Win 7 64 and the Steam Workshop aren't playing nice together.

Harle
03-25-2012, 11:21 PM
This is a wonderful service, but it does seem very temperamental about whether or not a mod will actually get downloaded after subscribing. I've had mods not show up for hours, when other mods I subscribed downloaded almost immediately, and some mods literally never even get downloaded even though I've been subscribed for days.

I'm not going to point any fingers, because it could be Valve's fault, Bethesda's fault, or the modders' fault. Why it's happening is less important (to me) than seeing it get fixed. I really want to use this service, it's an awesome idea. But there's no point in fighting with it when the same files are uploaded on skyrim nexus, and are completely hassle free to just download and install exactly when I want them, and not whenever the client gets around to doing it. =/

There really needs to be a right-click option on the game itself to download any mods that have been subscribed to and aren't already installed. Not having any manual control over the service is incredibly frustrating when it fails to work properly, and that makes it not very user friendly.

trojanrabbit.gg
03-26-2012, 12:06 AM
The issue is that you actually need to open up the Skyrim launcher and wait while the mods are downloading. The launcher is supposed to display the mods that it is downloading in the lower corner of the window, but it does not. If you open up the data files section of the launcher and then wait for a minute or two, your mods will fully download. It took me awhile to realize this.

Harle
03-26-2012, 11:33 AM
Ahh! I guess that would definitely explain it. Thanks for the advice, I tried leaving the data files open for a while and it did indeed work. Hopefully Valve will fix that for those of us who aren't seeing the download information popup.

Breton Warrior
03-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Ahh! I guess that would definitely explain it. Thanks for the advice, I tried leaving the data files open for a while and it did indeed work. Hopefully Valve will fix that for those of us who aren't seeing the download information popup.

Valve has said that it may be font related? Something about the Windows Font not being the default, well that was one suggestion, but at least that gives something to google on for possibly more information. Question though, what is the default font anyway?

giskarduk
03-28-2012, 08:10 AM
I know this is an old thread but I got the same problem yesterday, Steam Workshop however kept telling me there was something wrong every time it gave me an error 2. So knew it was not working.

When that error stopped appearing it started working. I just left the Skyrim splash screen open and watched my routers lights, i could see it downloading the mods and I could see them appearing on the data list.

So now it appears that if you see an error, no downloading happened, if not, just leave the splash screen up for a few minutes whilst it gets the mods for you.

big_cjc
03-28-2012, 08:30 AM
The issue is that you actually need to open up the Skyrim launcher and wait while the mods are downloading. The launcher is supposed to display the mods that it is downloading in the lower corner of the window, but it does not. If you open up the data files section of the launcher and then wait for a minute or two, your mods will fully download. It took me awhile to realize this.

Thank god, thought I was going bonkers as had subscribed to loads and non were installing (some had been there for two weeks). I Left the launcher loaded, went out to do some odd jobs and all the mods were sitting there when I came back :)

Colbey
08-12-2012, 05:54 PM
http://www.giantbomb.com/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61-33394/a-fix-for-steam-workshop-mods-appearing-to-not-install/35-540477/

fluppagus
08-17-2012, 07:32 AM
Hey I think I'm having a separate issue and am considering starting a new thread, but figured I should post here first to make sure. I'm trying to download mods for Skyrim through the Workshop subscriptions and I can see the "Downloading mod" text just fine, but with some mods the download seems to be slowing down to nothing.

I'm not sure if its stopping completely as I still have approx. 50-100kB/s network activity, but it is minuscule compared to other mods which download on average 1MB/s.

In frustration I've been unsubscribing to these mods and restarting the launcher, which then responds at full speed until it hits another mod that it doesn't seem to like and it slows right down again.

Just restarting the launcher doesn't seem to fix it, it just stops doing anything again as soon as it reaches the problem mod. Is anyone else having this problem?

fluppagus
08-17-2012, 07:37 AM
I've been keeping a list of mods I've had this problem with and once all my other subscribed mods are installed I'll be trying them again one at a time.

fluppagus
08-17-2012, 07:47 AM
They really should have a progress bar for these downloads. That would answer my question really quickly.

fluppagus
08-17-2012, 05:12 PM
OK so after leaving one mod over night I now know for sure that some mods are simply refusing to download at all. Nobody else has experienced this problem?

zombiefan08
02-03-2013, 02:00 AM
I'm amazed this STILL has not been addressed

Frye
02-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Last time I played Skyrim was July 2012 and I didn't have this glitch back then. Now I do.
There is download activity but I can't see which mods are being downloaded.

timvisee
02-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Workshop items wont download for me for Garry's mod...

I'm running on a Windows 64-bit system too.

somini
04-11-2013, 06:01 PM
I too have this problem for AOE2HD.
I can subscribe, there is confirmation the mod downloaded, but when I go check to see if the file exists nothing has been downloaded.

Verbosity
12-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Sorry for bringing up this resting thread, but it was near the top when I searched with google for the issue. I had no text displaying on the splash screen for Skyrim, but if I waited for a while the workshop items downloaded.

After about 10 minutes of trouble shooting it struck me - I use my computer with my livingroom TV (42") at 1080p (I know, poor resolution, but I don't have a $400 graphics card or 4k tv.... yet). Because the text was so small on windows I set it to 125% size to be more legible (Windows 7, right click desktop, select personalize, select Display from the lower left corner of the dialog window, and the "make it easier to read what's on your screen" smaller(default), medium, and larger text options are available).

I set my text size in Windows 7 back to the default and Voila! It reappeared!

So, um, yeah - for me, the missing information on the text screen was related to a non-default text size set in my operating system. Its a bit of lazy programming and definitely does not consider the ADA requirements of software or the corner case of using a big TV in our living room to game on... because who would ever do that? I mean, its not like we have some sort of gaming device that people commonly plug into TVs and the game Skyrim is designed to run on them, right?

mraivar
09-14-2014, 12:45 PM
There was a power outage at our datacenter, which caused some Steam Workshop items to appear missing. This should be fixed now. Let us know if this isn't the case.
Hi i have same problem but i cant access my subscribed items for two days now ? Any solution?