PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous difficulty level set in Demo

malmute
02-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Enemy can take 20 bullets before dropping to the ground but your own guys go down much easier. Is that default difficulty or what? It is ridiculous and if the release game is like that forget it.

konuhi
02-09-2012, 11:31 AM
It's a broken game, dont even bother to keep trying the demo, here my demo downloaded a patch and STILL is broken, enemy accuracy is 100%, our Mercs acurracy 10 - 15%.

Echo76
02-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Well in the release I liberated the airport and Drassen + defended Drassen once and got shot once so I wouldn't worry about the diffuculty but the opposite :/
P.S. I one shotted multiple enemies in the demo with pistol so I'd guess You are shooting from too far?

konuhi
02-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Nah, i'm looking in the enemy eye, the shotgun dont work for me here too... and please dont say i suck because i play MoW, its same difficult in learn, it just dont work, the mercs dont shoot!

Echo76
02-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Me thinks the sluggishness is demo-related, I'd swear it's better in the full version
(not good but better)

Rawi
02-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Demo was quite difficult in my opinion.

Full version is better balanced I think.

I think the most problematic think is that you can't play the same style as in JA2.
It's not turn based and you have to use totally different tactics so it may be difficult at the beginning.
However, after first successful fight you should know how to deal with enemies and from this point the fun starts.

chucky_m
02-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Guys the game is really easy, back off to a distance take your sniper and pick them off you can one man the whole game. There is no tactics too it, the enemy are on the radar and there is no fog of war - total nonsense.

To call this Jagged Alliance is a bad joke, it is to JA what the prequels were to Star Wars.

Jackcolt
02-09-2012, 12:37 PM
It's probably because you aren't using the correct stance / firemode. You'll normally want aimed/crouched/prone single shots. Only when assaulting a room you'll be wanting to shoot from hip with auto fire.

BeRazer
02-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Nah, i'm looking in the enemy eye, the shotgun dont work for me here too... and please dont say i suck because i play MoW, its same difficult in learn, it just dont work, the mercs dont shoot!

Exactly what I have been saying! BiA is closer to MoW than to his own franchise.