PDA

View Full Version : How do I capture the mine?

cujoonwheels
02-09-2012, 01:54 PM
I am soooo not happy so far with the game!
It's very disappointing that creating your own merc is gone and you can't climb on buildings or destroy every wall... anyway.

I try to talk with the guy at the mine and he doesn't do anything. Neither does the chick at the bar. Every enemy is killed but nothing happens.

How do you take a mine?
Can you shoot in the air or at the ground to draw attention?
Is there a way to kill civilians {the chick that has kids as slave labor} like in the old JA2?
How do you train your men?
Do really have to repair 1 item at a time?

SERIOUSLY, the game is far from being better than the older version and the manual doesn't explain anything!

Not happy!

Thanks for your help,
Cujo

Neonwarrior
02-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Someone please answer these questions also..

And how do I repair armor?

tksolway
02-09-2012, 02:50 PM
I can't find the Dressen Mine either, nor can I figure out how to go back to the airport. As far as I can tell you can only get back into tactical view by right clicking on a city, but the airport doesn't have anything to right click on. The manual is rather useless.

FuzzyLogic
02-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Did you do things in the right order?
Some may consider this a spoiler... so...

possible *SPOILER* ahead!!

quote or copy and paste for better readability
Liberate the airport and talk to all !-chars there
-> clear the town map -> talk to priest -> talk to Ira (chick in the bar :rolleyes: ) -> talk to Ira again to find out how you can help... now head for the mine.

Hope this helps

EDIT: some more info...

How do you take a mine?
assuming you mean mine as in those explody things you can step on: they are automaticly picked up after defusing if you have room in your inventar

Can you shoot in the air or at the ground to draw attention?
Yes... with a merc selected push F and aim anywhere

Is there a way to kill civilians {the chick that has kids as slave labor} like in the old JA2?
I guess yes... since I already wounded a girl in the factory that got caught in the crossfire

Do really have to repair 1 item at a time?
Looks like it. But the guy doin the repair doesn't have to hold it. If you have the tool box equipped you can right klick on any other merc to repair their equipped weapon... just as if you use medical items on them

TB666
02-09-2012, 02:56 PM
^What he said about the quest
How do you take a mine?
By killed all enemies I think.
How do you train your men? They gain experience for every kill/heal or action that they do. After enough experience they level up in which you get 7 stat points to give them. Look for a arrow pointing up on their portrait, if they have one then it means they leveled up.

cujoonwheels
02-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the answers!
As for training, I was hoping we could do it like the old JA2, you know, have one with a higher skill level in something train the others.
Guess not?

NightLight
02-09-2012, 04:56 PM
No training and no self training either. I guess they went 'old school' on the levelling system (and no, its not in a good way).

You can have a merc just keeps repairing stuff and doing medic all day long enough to level him up several times and BAM, suddenly he can go all Vassily Zaitsev on your ♥♥♥.