PDA

View Full Version : Darkness 2. Not Available in my Country

Ste_JDM
02-09-2012, 05:25 PM
So I got the retail limited edition of The Darkness 2. When I enter the key it tells me that the game is not available in my country and transaction is cancelled.

I live in Ireland... what even is...?

kust
02-10-2012, 01:34 AM
russian retail?

gxs
02-10-2012, 01:38 AM
No. UK region mess-up if anyone asks me. I have the same problem. I have a retail UK key which shouldn't be region restricted (doesn't say anywhere). The game is available in my country and I was able to register the key in UK but the game doesn't work in my country (Slovenia). I can't even install it but I was able to preload the game.

I have opened a ticket and we'll see what they say.

Ste_JDM
02-10-2012, 04:28 AM
Yeah. My game has the British Age Rating on the game. But this should not be a problem. I too opened a ticket last night. This is real smart Valve -_-

Suhov
02-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Regional restricitions soon will kill all AAA and AA tittles released on Steam...

Ste_JDM
02-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Ive been onto 2k support. They noted that the Not Released yet error has been fixed. I tired again and Im stilling getting the region error. :(

Joey Ravn
02-11-2012, 04:17 AM
Ive been onto 2k support. They noted that the Not Released yet error has been fixed. I tired again and Im stilling getting the region error. :(

It seems Ireland was still giving activation problems, but things appear to be sorted out. Try restarting Steam. If you can't still download the game, contact 2K David directly and let him know of your issue: http://forums.2kgames.com/member.php?85536-2K-David

Wizzler
02-11-2012, 06:49 AM

Its fixed for me, but i have to restart Steam. If you havent done this, give it a try.
Cant help more, cause after a restart i was able to download/install the game.

Delinquenz
02-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Regional restricitions soon will kill all AAA and AA tittles released on Steam...
Right.
I know much guys, which buy just AAA Titles because you can get them cheaper with buying in russian key stores.