PDA

View Full Version : Subscribed Mods redownloading every launch!

Mcsalmon8
02-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Hey,

I just wanted you to know that each time I open up steam it downloads all the 17 mods I am subscribed to. This is a lengthy process as one of my mods is 'Sounds of Skyrim - Dungeons'.

I literally launch steam and press 'Play' and it downloads all 17 mods. I then press quit on the Skyrim launcher menu and press 'Play' again in Steam and they redownload all over again. In the interval I had not messed with anything such as Nexus Mod Manager or the 'Data Files'.

Therefore, unless all 17 mods are updating every few mins then there is an issue with the subscription system.

kyzhuchan
02-09-2012, 09:26 PM
lol, waste of bandwidth..

I'm not experiencing this? well anyways, I only got 2 mods from the workshop that might be the case

Cervidanti
02-09-2012, 09:33 PM
I don't think the mods are "validated" until you actually PLAY the game, which is weird. Did you try pressing play once they finish downloading?

Or, hell, pressing play instead of waiting for them to download since you know they dont need to download?

Pegas
02-11-2012, 06:07 AM
it does this for me everyone couple of hours.
1st time i open the launcher it redownloads every mod (38!)
Close and reopen and it just verifies each mod.
Leave it for a couple of hours then reload the launcher and it redownloads every of them again.

a simple crc check would suffice no?