PDA

View Full Version : Wow.. terrible multiplayer

Putty Patroller
02-10-2012, 10:04 PM
I wasn't expecting much with the multiplayer for this game, but my god. Even with the bar set low me and a buddy couldn't justify playing past the second level.

Does it get any better? At all? It doesn't even tie into the story well, it's just a series of generic happenings with the same characters.

MegaManZer0
02-10-2012, 10:31 PM
It doesn't even tie into the story well.

You aren't paying attention, are you? This whole MP campaign is running concurrently with the campaign, the first level should have made that obvious. It's an entire side story you may not be aware of while playing SP, and the reason why is explained. Without MP, Jackie would be screwed to say the least.

Metal_Izanagi
02-11-2012, 09:15 PM
...I don't think OP was talking about the story. I think they were talking about how boring the MP is. It's literally "run in, kill some mobsters, then kill Darkness-wielding enemies" with a boss tossed in every few levels. No character development, no scripted events beyond Graves taunting you during a couple of the levels. It basically plays like a survival mode. Doesn't help that Inugami is easily the most OP character in a four-person MP game ever. Long as you've got another player to revive you when you get swarmed by melee guys, and a team for the final boss, it's ridiculously easy if you just run up to everything and stab it.

Hellstrong
02-11-2012, 09:19 PM
I wasn't expecting much with the multiplayer for this game, but my god. Even with the bar set low me and a buddy couldn't justify playing past the second level.

Does it get any better? At all? It doesn't even tie into the story well, it's just a series of generic happenings with the same characters.would help stating what you found so unbarable.
It does however tie in with the main campaign, early in the main campaign you send guys to free the nerdy dude, wich is the 1st mission in the coop campaign, everything after plays at the same time as the main campaign and there are many points where the 2 campaigns come toghetter story wize.

Sure dont expect a deep story, its more about gameplay and challenge, but the combat system in place and the talent trees indeed make it a bit too easy.

RedRobin
02-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Wrong thread.

-snip-