PDA

View Full Version : Mercs Not Responding?

Megalocerous
02-12-2012, 05:40 PM
I wanted to like this game, it seems like it should be pretty good, however in the demo my mercs refuse to shoot their guns at enemies who seem to blow them away. They will be standing with line of sight on the enemy, and tell me that they cannot take the shot.

I'm more than sure I'm not doing something wrong, but maybe it is fixed in the full version of the game? Right now it's like no matter what tactic I try, my mercs are just absolutely terrible and can be slaughtered by one enemy AI.

Pheace
02-12-2012, 09:20 PM
I wanted to like this game, it seems like it should be pretty good, however in the demo my mercs refuse to shoot their guns at enemies who seem to blow them away. They will be standing with line of sight on the enemy, and tell me that they cannot take the shot.

I'm more than sure I'm not doing something wrong, but maybe it is fixed in the full version of the game? Right now it's like no matter what tactic I try, my mercs are just absolutely terrible and can be slaughtered by one enemy AI.

I get this sometimes when line of sight allows them to see my merc's sides already but my merc's line of sight can't see them yet, and yes it can be annoying, but it's easy to work around by placing them better. (seems to happen most when enemies use pistols, for me at least)

Abura Soba
02-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Stupidly, the shot "line" doesn't come from the position of the barrel, it comes from the body. In these situations where autoaim shows that the line is intersecting a wall, he'll state that he cannot fire, even though he can see the enemies shoulder or whatever is showing.

What you should do is use manual fire. Using manual fire will make your mercs shoot regardless, and surprisingly, faster.

Megalocerous
02-15-2012, 01:29 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to those who responded. After getting frustrated with this game, I went back to it, and now I understand how it works. I was able to clear my way through the demo and I will be purchasing it shortly.

A lot of people are knocking it, but I really enjoyed it. The plan and go system reminds me of Baldur's Gate on PC.

Anyways thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Gloopy
02-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Guard mode is good. But aiming each shot is better (and more reminiscent of old turn based Jagged Alliance).

I play with the auto-pause option set to pause at every possible event and carefully plan out each shot. It's actually faster/smoother to play this way. However sometimes I just set up my snipers on guard mode and send my useless merc to bait them all back in and watch the Chaos ensue.... This is especially fun once you get hold of the .50 cal sniper rifle :)

When you purchase the game and start I highly recommend getting MD and Wolf as your first two mercs. MD can heal any wounds as he has high medical and Wolf is a beast with a shotgun from the hip! I did the first 3/4 levels/quests/areas with only 2 mercs. It was more than enough.

Enjoy!