PDA

View Full Version : DLC Armor... Is it worth it?

Fawnky
02-12-2012, 07:14 PM
I feel like the DLC armor will either suck because I will find something better, or that it will be broken and make you seriously OP. What's the verdict?

bwfcnut
02-12-2012, 07:46 PM
I feel like the DLC armor will either suck because I will find something better, or that it will be broken and make you seriously OP. What's the verdict?

No for three reasons:

a) it's release day DLC that should be in the game, so don't support it.
b) from what I've read it's replaced by around level 10 (re: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2534489)
c) half the fun is finding, or crafting, your own gear.

EDIT: Typos

Inker
02-12-2012, 07:51 PM
There was only a couple of pieces that were useful for me. And they were replaced pretty quick anyways.

Although it's a good source for money early on.

Infernisle
02-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Basically the entire point to this game is akin to that of Diablo. Run through monotonously bashing the crap out of mobs upon mobs for the sake of epic amounts of loot. If you just drop 5 bucks for loot that'll last you a third of the game what's the point? Plus day 1 DLC is a nono. Do not support.

Fawnky
02-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Appreciate the info, I will not be buying.

TemptedNZ
02-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Is horse armour ever worth it?

DarkQuill
02-13-2012, 02:57 AM
Is horse armour ever worth it?
Always. It's a high-quality game-changing product that vastly improves your playing experience.

Buy now, get free trollface.

NovaStalker
02-13-2012, 03:52 AM
If I got a free trollface armour I would buy it.

Parrk
02-13-2012, 06:20 AM
No DLC armor will ever be good in this game.

Every piece of armor I found, even/especially the set pieces had crap stats.

The very best armor in the entire game are the green pieces with 3 or 4 gem slots sold in rathir. Up to the point where those become available (generally around level 16), it does not matter at all what you wear because the mobs have such little health.

The chest I bought for my warrior had
1 armor slot: (30% armor gem)
2 utility slots (2x 7% crit gems)
1 epic slot (50% chance to stun anything that hits you)

There is a mob that drops an entire 5-piece plate set about 10 minutes prior to the end of the game. Even that gear set was complete crap compared to the set I made by jsut having a sagecrafting skill of 8.

My understanding is that it gets even more OP when you have high blacksmithing, but I don't think you can make gear with 4 gem slots.

If they offer dlc armor with 5 gem slots, then maybe that will be better, but barring that, it will not compare.

Same with weapons. If yo buy the "prismere x" for whatever weapon you prefer (they have 3 gem slots, 1 weapon and 2 utility), then you will not replace your weapon for the remainder of hte game.

I bought a prismere greatsword (156 damage, 3 gem slots)at level 18 and nothing better dropped for hte rest of the game. I put a 30 physical dmg gem in the wep slot and 2x 7% crit gems in the utility slots.

I did get a hammer that had 15% crit and 209 damage, but it swung too slow for my tastes, so I still used my prismere greatsword.

the coolest weapon in the game imho is a longsword I got about an hour before the end of hte game called "Cessblade" It had a unique model and unique effects. It is one of only 5 such weapons in the game as far as I can tell.

J.D.*
02-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Expansion packs are worth the money, micro DLC's are not.

JoeB
02-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Always. It's a high-quality game-changing product that vastly improves your playing experience.

Buy now, get free trollface.

+Rep to you.

Anyway, the DLC isn't really worth the price point to be honest. Getting about 3 sets of armour for each class is not exactly $5 worth of content. In that sense, it is just like horse armour. It also messes up the difficulty curve because end up more powerful right from the start meaning the game will take much longer to catch up (although it will eventually and the gear will become replaceable).

As for the "best" armour, that really depends on your class so the one Parrk mentioned wouldn't work for my mage. Instead I have things that boost magic damage, increase Mana, and reduce spell costs allowing me to keep the protective barrier up at all times and whip out even my strongest spells without ever needing potions.