PDA

View Full Version : Speedfan not working properly -Anymore-..

Some
02-14-2012, 09:43 AM
^ Title

So it worked just fine BEFORE i installed ControllCentre for my pc, which holds some usefull stuff. like the OC Genie(oh no, auto OC, its the end of the world..)

I'd like it to controll my CPU fan automaticly, while i have the option to set it manually(manual works) the automatic option doesn't do anything.
I tried adjusting the min & max %'s. Set it to 'Automaticly Variate' but the speed wont budge, so it runs at 100% or constantly at the value i set it to run at..

I got the latest version of speedfan, which is 4.45
I tried reinstalling speedfan multiple times

Mobo: p67a gd55 b3

Apolegies for my messy text, had a rough day with only ~4h of sleep..

kmrking
02-14-2012, 09:51 AM
sounds like this controlcentre is trying to take control itself. i have no idea tho, id have to go see what controlcentre is lol

rotNdude
02-14-2012, 10:07 AM
So it worked just fine BEFORE i installed ControllCentre for my pc.[/I]

I think you answered your own question. MSI Control Center is evidently taking control of the automagic settings. It would seem to me that you need to figure out how to disable this or remove Control Center.

Some
02-14-2012, 11:02 AM
yes but it's only the CPU fan that doesn't work.. the 2 other it shows are working just fine.. and controll centre noticed them too

'Solved' this tho..
messed around in bios and found some smart fan controll thingie.. so now it runs 50% when it's below 50C.. and cranks up to 100& when it's over 50C