PDA

View Full Version : Item storage

xiriod
02-15-2012, 09:08 AM
I figured the delivery crate back at the airport can also double as storage but I wonder if I can just put items in any container anywhere in the world for storage or do they reset at some point? I'd like to set up ammo/utility/first aid reservoirs at key locations but if the containers do reset then that's out of the question. :)

DarkJeff
02-15-2012, 09:15 AM
They don't seem to reset, there are plenty of reports of people setting up "bases" at places like Cambria or hideouts, using mules to cart gear from the airport to those bases.

hentaixen
02-15-2012, 09:26 AM
All of the cities I occupy have a stockpile location at the center flag, I stockpile all valuable weapons and items there so no matter what city I am in I know where to find the valuables.

xiriod
02-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Great, thank you both for the info :)

Dragoon.x
02-15-2012, 10:34 AM
I stored at various road blocks dozen of repair and medi packs for later use. They remain in place even when the sector switch control once again.

dvalmont
02-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Is there anyway to automatically sort these stockpiles?
I have a massive stockpile at the airport that is a mess to pick through. After reading this I guess I should spread it out a little more on the map.

xiriod
02-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Is there anyway to automatically sort these stockpiles?
I have a massive stockpile at the airport that is a mess to pick through. After reading this I guess I should spread it out a little more on the map.

Unfortunately...no. What I've done is to make three piles on the ground at key locations. One for guns, one for ammo and one for the rest of the items.

What would be great is tab'ed sector storage, and at the end of every mission the exit button could be named "Exit and collect loot" which then automatically went to sector storage.

I'm a lootaholic so I pick up dead rats, maggots, beer and whathaveya as well. It takes time... :)

LtChambers
02-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Wow, you seriously collect the junk items? So you have a huge number of spiders, dead rats, maggots, and trash?

xiriod
02-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Wow, you seriously collect the junk items? So you have a huge number of spiders, dead rats, maggots, and trash?

It's not so much collecting as it is cleaning. I can't stand having a sector littered with opened half-empty containers as I always wonder if I forgot to carry something "important" to storage ;) OCD I guess :D

Dragoon.x
02-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Yeah that games is really bad for people suffering from a compulsive disorder. Luckily the dev's started working on a sector inventory but who know when they will release it.

The quoted post below was made on the publishers forum by an employee.

http://boards.jaggedalliance.com/index.php?/topic/1151-some-infos/

Greetings everybody!

As you may have seen I wasn't answering as much as before in the last days. Doesn't mean I'm not reading the threads (Coreplay is also, some other guys here from bitComposer too). Doesn't mean I won't be around here anymore. Just got a bunch of work right now cause my own projects becoming more important right now. However: I still will be around whenever I can. Okay. That was the first one.

Now let's get to the important stuff. I promised you some infos for today (or at least until Monday). So, what's going on behind closed doors in the developmentsection of Back in Action? Well, work continues. There will be some announcements soon I guess. What I can say right now: There will be two major updates for the game itself (besides hotfix-things). Before you ask: Yes, these two updates will include new features. No, they won't cost anything (hah, well, at least they won't cost you, the players, anything ;)). I have the timeline for these two updates right in front of me but cannot talk about it yet. The first update isn't far away. The second one will take a little longer (from now on I mean). That's all I can say at the moment.

So, which features will be added, you ask? I am not yet allowed to announce anything yet. But I'll be in the near future. We went through all the feedback (yes, all of it) and made quite a huge list. We still think that Back in Action is a great game. We knew from the beginning that some people wouldn't like it but even those who don't like it have seen a lot of people around here which really enjoy the game. Now it's time to convince those who aren't yet enjoying it, wouldn't you agree?

I can confirm that work has started on the sector inventory (not the global-cheat version one ;)). I can also confirm that there are lot of other things on the list. I know you want to know if the fog of war is coming back. I cannot confirm or deny this for the moment. I already know if it's coming or not. If you read this posting carefully you will (or at least should be able to) know, too.

I think that there'll be some official thing in the next week.