PDA

View Full Version : Do Klingons have missions now?

Delta1140
02-16-2012, 06:50 PM
So I'm installing STO for the first time in... months... years? I got the game at launch (oh god it sucked) and I remember that while you could play as the Klingons, they didn't actually have any missions besides pvp areas? Has that changed? Thnx for answers.

Any discussions about what's changed since the game went F2P are also welcome.

Zorlac
02-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Not a full 50 levels worth (you start at level 20), but you have enough to make it through level 50 so yes quite a lot of missions now.

sinboundhaibane
02-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Most of them seem to be copies of the federation missions, though. Which is a little disappointing.

Delta1140
02-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Not a full 50 levels worth (you start at level 20), but you have enough to make it through level 50 so yes quite a lot of missions now.

Wait, you start at lvl 20? So do you have to unlock the ability to be a Klingon captain or something?

DARKNIGHT
02-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Wait, you start at lvl 20? So do you have to unlock the ability to be a Klingon captain or something?

Yes, you have to reach level 25 with a federation character, this means you dont have a long tutorial with the klingons and you know how to play the game by then. i think it is a good mechanic but having recently started a klingon myself, i havent played much of that yet since it feels kinda strange.

Zorlac
02-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Yes, you have to reach level 25 with a federation character, this means you dont have a long tutorial with the klingons and you know how to play the game by then. i think it is a good mechanic but having recently started a klingon myself, i havent played much of that yet since it feels kinda strange.

You actually do have a klingon tutorial now. It's mostly a lot of running around the home space station, but it is there.

DARKNIGHT
02-17-2012, 08:33 AM
You actually do have a klingon tutorial now. It's mostly a lot of running around the home space station, but it is there.

Yeah i suppose, but its short and easy, where as the federation tutorial is quite a lot longer and a little bit boring, it does the job, but feels like it just drags on.