PDA

View Full Version : Source Games Auto-Installing?

Drowned Maid
02-17-2012, 09:02 AM
I was wondering, games like Age Of Chivalry, DIPRIP Warmup, Pirates and Vikings, Zombie Source, etc. just like to install themselves sometimes. It gets ridiculously annoying when the game, and the dedicated server, start downloading and my computer slows to a crawl because 12+ games are being downloaded/installed. Is there any reason why this occasionally happens? Thanks!

derrman0426
02-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Have you played Garry's Mod? That would happen if you have those games ticked to include their game contents in Garry's Mod.

Drowned Maid
02-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Have you play Garry's Mod? That would happen if you have those games ticked to include their game contents in Garry's Mod.

Ah yes I do! So should I un-check them and it will stop?

cl4ym4n
02-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Ah yes I do! So should I un-check them and it will stop?

Yeah, however, if you regulary play GMod you might want to leave certain games such as HL2 etc. checked to actually have some content to play with while being ingame.

Drowned Maid
02-17-2012, 09:13 AM
Yeah, however, if you regulary play GMod you might want to leave certain games such as HL2 etc. checked to actually have some content to play with while being ingame.

Okay, thank you so much you don't even understand (maybe you do? :P) how annoying it was. I did keep HL, CS, etc checked because I own them and they don't install because, they're installed already lol. Well thank you both very much!