PDA

View Full Version : Boss battle and the downs plus other suggestions

MusicNote
02-19-2012, 04:42 PM
So I've played a lot of boss battle.

Before I could only get him to 60% with four people, now I've gotten him to 5% and my last game 1% before he did the massive AoE three times in a row, forcing everyone to stand in once spot as his summons killed us all.

The flatfoot having no counter other than the defensive power ups is really unfair.

Getting stunlocked by the Rocker is pretty fun right?

The Blitzer having that slam attack that makes it so you can't hit him at all is pretty cool.

The fact my baseball player and fire fighter can do no damage with default weapons and that all the melee classes can do loads of damage is really fair, I know what you might say "Oh but you're ranged!" Okay, that sure stops people from suddenly being in your face and killing you.

Pretty cool.

I really enjoy this game, yet it needs some serious work done to it.

The exp rates I'm getting, even with the 50% boost are still really small. I was on level five for a whole day and level six isn't any better obviously. Without that 50% boost it makes me wonder if I'll ever get to level 10. If I get tons of zombie kills in the zombie game I can get an okay amount of exp but if I pvp I get almost nothing unless I come out as number one. Makes me not want to play pvp at all, because ya know, I have to deal with problems stated above while being pro as heck (Master Yi).

Lastly, I really wish half my friends list that wanted to play this game wasn't getting the "this game is unavailable" error.

tl;dr: Fun game, needs a lot of work across the board.

Bingojubes
02-19-2012, 04:45 PM
whats the SP like? i cant seem to get passed my resolution error

MusicNote
02-19-2012, 04:48 PM
whats the SP like? i cant seem to get passed my resolution error

If by SP you mean single player, it's kinda not there in a way.

There are about 10-12ish tutorial missions that give you some gear, lots of exp and THE MONEY.

However the only mode you can really solo and do well is easy mode zombies, anything past that and you can't really do it alone.

If you don't like PVP, the game's co-op is pretty alright other than the zombies that cannot be stunned and constantly knock you up into the air which lets you do nothing to counter.

Rcj8993
02-19-2012, 05:49 PM
ive gotten him down to 10% health left, but thats when he starts to summon those rock guys who look like slenderman, and the jailers.

i hated how he did that move where you have to hide from him, he did that 5 times in a row...

well any one ever beat him yet??

also every character has somethign cheap about them, and thats what make them equal...
but i think we need to be able to tone the difficulty down on boss mode, or mabe tripple the reward for BP and EXP if you beat him.

also you guys CAN upgrade ur gear, u know that right?

MusicNote
02-22-2012, 07:01 PM
ive gotten him down to 10% health left, but thats when he starts to summon those rock guys who look like slenderman, and the jailers.

i hated how he did that move where you have to hide from him, he did that 5 times in a row...

well any one ever beat him yet??

also every character has somethign cheap about them, and thats what make them equal...
but i think we need to be able to tone the difficulty down on boss mode, or mabe tripple the reward for BP and EXP if you beat him.

also you guys CAN upgrade ur gear, u know that right?

It's pretty stupid.

Wildcolt
02-23-2012, 02:25 AM
He (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/488876812088123241/429FB26B70AEDD0FE2FED297C6DA165B5130A8C2/) can (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/488876812088126393/B070EB65A759DD0AB2BDB93E0B2414C826EC139D/) be beaten (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/488876812088129738/AD9897B088909013F90CFE734B45C54F79F15ED5/)

And I'm pretty sure if your group is actually good you can probably beat him down in 10 minutes or less...so if you can put together a good team, you can level pretty darned fast through him in comparison to death match.

Rcj8993
02-23-2012, 02:01 PM
its actually really difficult tho.
best ive gotten him down to now is 5%

Wildcolt
02-23-2012, 10:50 PM
It's actually really easy when you work as a team.

Priority: Skull Rocker > Hide Out > Kiosk > Adds > Boss

Though 1 person should always sit on the boss for the most part(running out from aoes/attacks of course), heavily suggest a boxer for that role.

In my opinion the hardest part of the fight is not falling asleep...

Rcj8993
02-24-2012, 05:38 AM
what exactly does AoE abbriviate?
i know what your reffering to, but what is it called?

also any strategys for fighting Skull (not skull rocker), as a Slugger/baseballer.

Silvernis
02-24-2012, 11:56 AM
AOE = area of effect.

I haven't done much with the slugger, so take this with the proverbial grain of salt, but can't you just keep moving and flinging balls/bombs at them? AFAIK, sluggers don't have to aim very carefully, especially when there are plenty of targets. Just keep dodging and firing, and I assume you'll hit something.

JesseHiraya
02-24-2012, 01:15 PM
AOE = area of effect.

I haven't done much with the slugger, so take this with the proverbial grain of salt, but can't you just keep moving and flinging balls/bombs at them? AFAIK, sluggers don't have to aim very carefully, especially when there are plenty of targets. Just keep dodging and firing, and I assume you'll hit something.

Finally beat him for the first time, and it took 10 losses before it happened. We were lucky because when he got to 15% health, we got two back to back Super Strong buffs and were able to clear out two waves of skull rockers and flatfoots before finishing the boss off.

About Sluggers though, here's the thing - if you hang in the back attacking at range for too long, the boss actually goes out of his way to take the Slugger out. He will either leap into the air and his shadow will follow the Slugger, resulting in an unavoidable body slam. Or, he will outright charge the Slugger swinging his rolling pin and clobber them that way. No amount of sidestepping or dodging could help me. Also keep in mind that when you stand from far away, it is the ideal range for him to spit 3 purple balls that will hone in immobilize you in jelly, leaving you open for his follow up body slam or to be finished off by the zombies. Also keep in mind that Sluggers have slow health regen as well, so once you take any damage it'll take a good long while to get it back.

tl;dr - Just stay close to mid range and spam your baseballs from there. If the boss is on the extreme opposite end of you while you toss baseballs, he WILL target you with one of several anti-long range moves and take most of your health if not knock you out completely and it will be very difficult if not impossible to avoid it.

JesseHiraya
02-24-2012, 01:17 PM
One last thing. The XP and money reward for beating the Boss appeared to be more or less the same as beating Zombie Survival on Hard Mode.

Wildcolt
02-24-2012, 04:11 PM
As a slugger to beat a rock skull you must fight in melee range. Otherwise he just pulls you in and beats your ♥♥♥. Ideally you want pretty much anyone else to beat on them. But like I said before, it's ideal for your whole group to focus them as hard as possible as soon as they spawn even at the risk of eating the hide out attack(unless you know for a fact that it will kill you: 60+ damage).

As to the homing shots he fires, you can avoid these by simply running at them and then dodging towards the boss or simply by jumping at the correct angle as they are getting to you.

As to the charge, he can't turn on a dime, run towards him and dodge to the side or put the kiosk between you and him so that it stops him.

Rcj8993
02-24-2012, 09:31 PM
thanks