PDA

View Full Version : Super Soldier

AssMonky
02-20-2012, 09:03 AM
On two different maps this weekend, I faced 'John Rambo', just in theory not in actual name.

He was armed w/ a minimi (and the last soldier on the map).. He was held up in a corner. My mercs all had subs or shotguns. I paused and set in motion a plan worthy of ST6.

..none of them even got close to him. He moved out of the way of 3 stun grenades. With superhuman speed, he opened a door, ran through a house and came up behind my mercs, where as soon as he finished blasting away, he finished them off w/ melee. 8v1.. I couldn't stop laughing at the bs.

Anyone else run across this yet?

All my mercs were armed w/ shotgun, or subs. no scopes. Not a single one managed a shot, yes they were in guard mode. All facing Rambo.. after the reload he enemy AI didn't behave like that.:cool:

DarkJeff
02-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Were you shooting from the hip?

JohnnyMorgan
02-21-2012, 04:53 AM
Wolf shooting from the hip with a shotgun or fox with a sub, never had the problem :)

might be that I just haven't run into this John Rambo :) (AI doesn't seem as dumb in 1.06, looking forward to the AI content patch coming)

AssMonky
02-21-2012, 09:00 AM
Wolf shooting from the hip with a shotgun or fox with a sub, never had the problem :)

might be that I just haven't run into this John Rambo :) (AI doesn't seem as dumb in 1.06, looking forward to the AI content patch coming)

Yes to shooting from the hip.

Static(nf shotgun)
buns(p90)
Wolf(nf shotgun)

They were the first 3 down... MD followed as he was in a house close by.. it was all sorts of no good... funny as hell..but no good.

Thank god for save at start of combat! :o

Kazimiera
02-21-2012, 03:31 PM
LMG had high rpm and AI usually always do burst shot, since he rush toward you before open fire, without doubt He was shooting at your merc with hip stance aswell.

and if all of ur mercs was in tight formation, exposed his voulume of bullets... well.. :)

lol

it happen to me before two or three time, now always trying to scatter my merc before it could happen again

oh and one more thing atlest get one CAWS which had hirest rpm auto shotgun, Im not gonna say it'll out fast aimtime minimi wield opponent, but close to him.

imo shutgun is not all meant be dmg obviously not rng either, but inttrupt ur opponent's aimtime

AssMonky
02-21-2012, 05:45 PM
That's the best part.. no tight formation, they were all coming from different doors converging on the guy.. it was seriously out of a movie that I could pause.. just wondered if anyone else had come across him.

DarkJeff
02-21-2012, 10:02 PM
I would assume in that case that your problem was you didn't actually manage to get your mercs to synchronize their contact, allowing him to encounter (and outshoot) each merc individually. Which is a huge tactical blunder.

KhanIndustries
02-22-2012, 10:19 PM
Yup! An enemy holed up with an LMG is completely ridiculous. After one really bad experience similiar to yours, I rotated out my SMG mercs placing them on various guard and mule duties and replaced with LMG and rifle experts.

Since that incident, all Alpha squad members are required to carry one smoke grenade and the strongest merc a fireaxe to prevent that incident ever again.

LordMarduk
02-27-2012, 02:56 AM
Grenades usually solve such sitations for me, or a well placed sniper shot from across the map

Lleuwelyn
02-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Simpler solution: a good melee guy with an axe.Put him on a corner not far from the holed up guy and then just rush him.

NephilimNexus
02-27-2012, 06:44 PM
It has been my experience that light machineguns are the "I Win" button for this game. The can be fired prone at long range and take out foes just as easily as a sniper rifle, if not better.

They can be fired from kneeling at medium range and again will splatter even armored opponents across the room with one burst.

No one ever gets close enough to make short range a problem.

The only downside is that you'll spend a lot money feeding them and a lot of time repairing them, because they wear down fast. Other than that, though, there is no downside.

Just LMG, a couple of grenades, a knife just in case, and all the ammo you can carry. Works with any solider, too.

LordMarduk
02-28-2012, 12:28 AM
^
Some snipers can shoot several screens away from the enemy with decent precision, killing entire small squads with just 2 snipers before they even get in range to shoot back is quite fun.

LMG are good for fortifying positions and medium range combat for sure, but they really lose power and accuracy @ range and they aren't nearly as mobile as a SMG or a shotgun, I mean yeah they are good, great at what they are supposed to do no doubt, but they aren't very good out of their specific roles.

TheJrade
02-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Hm, maybe I'm just not using my LMGs right, because I can't get the mileage out of them you seem to be describing. After playing JABIA for a while, I like that the guns have differences. In JA2 there were a few 'best guns' whereas now having a mix is crucial to best strategy.

My fav, even more than the sniping, is Wolf storming in and blowing guys away with a CAWS.

EarthN
02-28-2012, 02:24 AM
Ever tried letting a gunslinger like wolf fire a lmg like the minimi fire from hip ? Looks pretty cool ....:)