PDA

View Full Version : Worth it?

dave_
02-20-2012, 11:45 AM
So, does anyone here own the game, and do they feel it was money well spent?

Hullucinate
02-20-2012, 12:07 PM
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-postal-iii/17-5478/ Dont have it but i'd advise not getting it

Lord Gremlin
02-20-2012, 12:30 PM
No, it's not worth it. Even if you're offered it free, it still not worth it.

ModemMayhem
02-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Complete garbage.

Reviz
02-21-2012, 12:06 AM
Just go play Postal 2, it's a lot more fun.

JunkyVirus
02-21-2012, 01:12 AM
I can't even get my game to start, when I enter the serial key it just starts to spam the "first time start up" window but nothing happens, it just opens and closes and keep doing that until I abort it

dscTobi
02-21-2012, 01:38 AM
I can't even get my game to start, when I enter the serial key it just starts to spam the "first time start up" window but nothing happens, it just opens and closes and keep doing that until I abort it

Did you try to verify game files?

Soulless {KAN}
02-21-2012, 06:49 AM
I like it, graphically is just "ok", and yes, a lot of bugs, but it dont care with the hilarious missions it has,priceless imo, but others can think that are silly or really dumb ♥♥♥♥ depends on your taste.

The only thing i hate about this game is the missions line, the missions just starts, you cant go somewhere to start the mission, so you cant explore as on Postal 2,at least at the moment, just 5 hours played.

SwaT98
02-21-2012, 07:20 AM
YES every penny.

Soulless {KAN}
02-21-2012, 10:07 AM
I like it, graphically is just "ok", and yes, a lot of bugs, but it dont care with the hilarious missions it has,priceless imo, but others can think that are silly or really dumb ♥♥♥♥ depends on your taste.

The only thing i hate about this game is the missions line, the missions just starts, you cant go somewhere to start the mission, so you cant explore as on Postal 2,at least at the moment, just 5 hours played.

Edited: Once you beat the game, you can choose free roam :D

Nayrx
02-21-2012, 02:17 PM

That about sums it up.

there is no free roaming until to finish the game and then there is o map to see where you are heading. Also you can only enter a handful of buildings. Not worth $40.

TheTurnipKing
02-22-2012, 10:53 AM
I can wholeheartedly second this.

FriedGerry
02-29-2012, 08:44 PM
I liked it......

...but liked the 2nd more

dimi_gr
03-01-2012, 04:53 AM
will Postal 2 ever come to steam? I would love to get it.

SwaT98
03-01-2012, 07:39 AM

That would be great,i'll ask again Toploader if it's possible for postal 1 and 2 to reach Steam.(if i remember correctly,he said that Valve doesn't like to publish old games)

Toploader
03-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Not so much old games, they have just always turned down Postal 2, we keep asking though (it's PC and Mac after all).

I don't think Postal 1 should ever hit Steam, it's just too outdated, running at super low res and 256 colors, and it's a little ropy.

Feel free to e-mail Steam support and ask the where Postal 2 is ;) We'd love to get it onto Steam, considering it's a better and more stable game than Postal 3.

dimi_gr
03-01-2012, 12:23 PM
That's a word. emailing steam support for postal 2 is a great idea. :)

SwaT98
03-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Not so much old games, they have just always turned down Postal 2, we keep asking though (it's PC and Mac after all).

I don't think Postal 1 should ever hit Steam, it's just too outdated, running at super low res and 256 colors, and it's a little ropy.

Feel free to e-mail Steam support and ask the where Postal 2 is ;) We'd love to get it onto Steam, considering it's a better and more stable game than Postal 3.

I will spam steam's support system with my tickets until they give up and publish postal 2 on steam or ban my support account.
:cool:

Marybelle
03-08-2012, 04:12 AM
Maybe P3 is not ALL bad but yeeah.. a bit packed with bugs, irregularities and things that simply seem not right.. and I don't mean according to common ethics, but for a Postal game. Best bet is probably to either wait until things get tweaked a little, or until at least the price tag drops.
If a petition is started however to try and get Postal 2 on Steam, count me in!

dimi_gr
03-08-2012, 04:25 AM
stupid question time from a noob. What has to be done to start such a petition? I would love the idea of having postal 2 on steam but I have no idea how to start. is anyone willing to tell me what to do to start this petition?

Marybelle
03-08-2012, 04:36 AM
Er.. that was more of a joke on my part, but you could go to petitiononline.com or so and start collecting signatures. The only real drawback is that even any number of signatures you may get might not actually do anything. Again, it's probably more for laughs.
I mean, check how many signatures they got to stop Uwe Boll (hey, that even fits here!) from making more movies, and.. I think he's still at it :(

dimi_gr
03-08-2012, 04:43 AM
Er.. that was more of a joke on my part, but you could go to petitiononline.com or so and start collecting signatures. The only real drawback is that even any number of signatures you may get might not actually do anything. Again, it's probably more for laughs.
I mean, check how many signatures they got to stop Uwe Boll (hey, that even fits here!) from making more movies, and.. I think he's still at it :(

lol ok I cant start talking about Uwe Boll since I lol on everytime I think about him, but why a joke. There are plenty of good old games on Steam so why not having Postal 2 there? I loved it that time when I first played. I would love to buy it again on steam. I think there are more people who would be glad having it on steam. I bet you too :)

SeanConnery
03-08-2012, 12:39 PM

just get it off desura

Marybelle
03-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Oh I played Postal² extensively, but no longer have it and it's not so easy to come by for me. Also I buy on Steam quite often as that is very convenient since my disc-drive broke and I am in no mood to get a new one and find someone to put it in and what not..
So I'd still be for seeing it there.
But hey, if they don't want my money, I guess I always have more shoes to spend it on, also fine. n_n;

Mxx
03-09-2012, 03:02 PM
I can't get past the first freaking level with Ron Jeremy... combat system is horrible @ third person, punch & kick miss almost all the time.

Even with a bit of tweaking I activated Free-Roam mode... man: citys feels empty, few house with 1 pnj walking around nonsense, no guns/secrets whatever. Boring as hell.

Not worth it until a patch or something imo.

spyrochaete
03-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Oh I played Postal² extensively, but no longer have it and it's not so easy to come by for me. Also I buy on Steam quite often as that is very convenient since my disc-drive broke and I am in no mood to get a new one and find someone to put it in and what not..

Good Old Games has Postal 2 (http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/postal_2_complete) with the expansion pack for $10 USD, no DRM and it works on Windows 7.

I showed the game to my father in law and he was laughing out loud, hitting random people in the face with a shovel. :D

Humanvegetable
04-16-2012, 08:21 PM
This game isn't that good.... a $5-10 buy...

TheInsaneDump
04-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Makes you wonder if the devs knew they were developing a less-than-stellar game.

halororor
04-21-2012, 11:07 AM
No, this game is not worth it. It is absolute garbage. It's so crap, even the developers make fun of it in their own game. And not the good kind of fun.

Heavenw00t
04-21-2012, 03:42 PM
*sees Top Sellers on Steam*
Yup, Steam fanbase is full of brats who steal their credit cards to their parents.

FriedGerry
04-21-2012, 04:32 PM
*sees Top Sellers on Steam*
Yup, Steam fanbase is full of brats who steal their credit cards to their parents.
Just because people bought Postal 3 they're brats? Does that mean people who bought the Mount and Blade collection are brats too?