PDA

View Full Version : Any tutorials for custom perk tree?

Collini_neut
02-21-2012, 06:55 AM
Hello.
I am interested in making my own perk tree.
Are there any tutorials I can read?

I am not certain if it is possible to make an entirely new tree because what I have seen so far is people tagging new perks along existing trees. Either way, if you know something, please point me in the right direction.

Thank you!

superboyofmeat
02-21-2012, 08:55 AM
Check out the new Unarmed Warfare 1.0 on workshop, take it apart and see how he did it. I also remember seeing alot of discussion on this subject in the Creation Kit forums on Beth's Site. Could easily provide all the info you need.

Thrillho007
02-21-2012, 09:19 AM
This would be neat... I'd kinda like to see a 'Cooking' skill tree... they spent all that time putting so much food and ingredients into the game, and they could be put to much better use.

Ethos
02-21-2012, 09:59 AM
It is not currently possible to add a skill tree into the game right now as far as I am aware. The best you can do is rename and edit a current skill tree and/or change perks.

If you want to just alter the current trees it is very simple to do. Just go to the menu Character>Actor Values and select the skill you want to change and click on skill tree. From there it is as simple as dragging perk positions and changing descriptions/perks given.

To create a new perk go to the Actor section in the Object window and there is a perk subsection. Either copy an existing one as a template or just create a new one.

Collini_neut
02-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Thanks everyone. Very helpful!

megatron)
02-21-2012, 11:39 AM
This would be neat... I'd kinda like to see a 'Cooking' skill tree... they spent all that time putting so much food and ingredients into the game, and they could be put to much better use.

As silly as it sounds, I bet that would be awesome. Combine with a Hunger Mod (need to eat or you die) and you've got a winner.

Thrillho007
02-21-2012, 11:56 AM
As silly as it sounds, I bet that would be awesome. Combine with a Hunger Mod (need to eat or you die) and you've got a winner.

I think it would be cool if you could make npcs like you by making them food, or lure away animals by throwing the appropriate food (or, if you were feeling evil, poisoning said foods... a higher cooking score lets you mask the taste of the poison so that they have no idea why they feel so suddenly ill...).

Heck, there could be all sorts of cooking-related side quests.

superboyofmeat
02-21-2012, 01:32 PM
It is not currently possible to add a skill tree into the game right now as far as I am aware.

You can add a tree, you can't add a skill.

Ethos
02-22-2012, 07:26 AM
You can add a tree, you can't add a skill.

Really? I haven't seen a mod that adds a tree yet at least. Could you link me one so I can see how it adds one? Being able to add new skill trees would be great.

superboyofmeat
02-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Unarmed Warfare. (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=12998&searchtext=Skill+Tree), already mentioned it but had no link. He made a new tree named "Unarmed", but it levels with One-handed (you cannot add new skills to the game)

Ethos
02-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Thats not a new tree it just renames and removes Pickpocket.