View Full Version : An Idea I was putzing around

Xairtis
02-22-2012, 02:05 AM
To jump right into it the idea is for a sniper rifle

The Practitioner's Precision
+15% reload speed
Upon Body shot the target is marked
Body shots deal no damage

Now the first question that probably comes to mind is what I mean by "marked", by marked I mean the target is given an intel like outline of the class which allies can see.
Only 2 people can be marked at once and marking only lasts 8seconds.

This gives your team an edge if you body shot say a medic, your team will know where that medic is for the next 8 seconds. the downside? You didn't harm him, body shots deal no damage and so the only way to actually kill is to get a head shot.
The 15% reload speed will help aid a sniper in re-scoping for those quick precise head shots.

So what are your guys thoughts?
and if it's not clear this sniper rifle is attempting to reward skill.

Teleportalist
02-22-2012, 02:07 AM
Eh, I like it. It's like a sydney sleeper in reverse.

Blastermaster58
02-22-2012, 04:26 AM
I like it. Mark a target for your team to kill, or mark a fast-moving class like Scout so you can keep track of him to headshot him.

Xairtis
02-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Well that's 2 replies of some 30 odd views, anyone else have any thoughts?

Code Lime Alpha
02-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Sounds good, although this would probably mean you can't destroy buildings though (but at the same time you could mark them so that your teammates know where they are so I guess the problem works itself out sortof)

ungulateman
02-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Nice idea, although I'd like testing for it.

Xairtis
02-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Sounds good, although this would probably mean you can't destroy buildings though (but at the same time you could mark them so that your teammates know where they are so I guess the problem works itself out sortof)

Yeah I hadn't thought terribly much on building's but as you said I figured since it'd mark them it would allow team mates to take care of them.

@ungulatemen
I would really like for this to become a concept for a future weapon, heck if I could model I would create one...
Though could always ask my friend who does....

estutzer
02-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Why not mark them like the fan 'o war? So that they take minicrit damage? Sort of like a ranged jarate for a single target.

Xairtis
02-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Why not mark them like the fan 'o war? So that they take minicrit damage? Sort of like a ranged jarate for a single target.

.. So the sydney sleeper?
that can headshot....

The idea is to enforce the idea of aiming for the head and making shots count, while still allowing you to be of some beneficial use to your team by marking shots you may have missed or deliberately body shot.

pyroforpres
02-22-2012, 11:22 PM
I really like the concept. Had this idea for the scout (which is somewhere in the forums) but I think it'll be interesting for the sniper.

Maybe change it to this:
-Scoped body shots do no damage under 100% charge
-Shoots a marking shot at 50-60% charge or higher
-Fully charged body shots do -33% damage (100)

sadlifebro
02-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Seems like an interesting idea, doesn't seem too useful to me though unless it works on cloaked spies.

Snake Treader
02-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Or we could replace the Sleeper's stats with this, but it Jarates them instead of marking.