PDA

View Full Version : Auto Balance for matches broke

onetozero
02-23-2012, 02:04 AM
I just deinstalled the game, it makes no sense to play a level /item driven game if the matches can't be balanced properly. The auto balance doesn't work. I just had a game wit 3 level 5's and 1 level 3 in one team and than a bunch of 3 and below in the other.

Silvernis
02-23-2012, 06:46 AM
I'm not an expert, but as far as I can tell, level doesn't necessarily mean much. It's not like you get more HP or something as in an RPG. You get store access to different weapons and possible upgrade items, but that's about it -- nothing that would give a clear and significant advantage to someone higher level. A decent player will trounce a lousy player, regardless of level.

onetozero
02-23-2012, 02:16 PM
higher level player is very likely to have better gear and more skill because.... and i don't believe i have to actually explain this...he played more.

Silvernis
02-23-2012, 08:05 PM
That's...a very narrow-minded view of the situation. Player skill makes a bigger difference than numerical level, and there's not a universal correlation between the two. This is especially true at the levels you were complaining about -- I don't believe a level 5 player has any game-changing advantages over a level 3.

Odins Raven
02-23-2012, 09:08 PM
That's...a very narrow-minded view of the situation. Player skill makes a bigger difference than numerical level, and there's not a universal correlation between the two. This is especially true at the levels you were complaining about -- I don't believe a level 5 player has any game-changing advantages over a level 3.

nope just one more class maybe. OP is just unwilling to actually put any time into it to find out for himself- we're better off without him

Wildcolt
02-23-2012, 09:53 PM
lol what's the difference between a 5 and a 3? Like 5 games played? oooo *fingerwave*

There aren't any game changing equipment changes until level 8, and that's a playstyle change, not a gamebreaking stat gain or anything.

Trust me, when I was level 3, I was picking on level 7s and making them rage left and right. This game is skill based(for the most part), not level/item based.