PDA

View Full Version : Greifing

Kaizoku
02-23-2012, 02:41 PM
So far I enjoy this game, however I would enjoy it much more if I didn't get griefed on a daily basis. Is there any way, or any plans in the process of preventing, someone locking you and perma-following you to steal loot? This is the second time in 2 days I've had someone lock me, teleport to me while I'm fighting something and can't stop to loot, take a rare item while I have aggro and then just follow me until I port to the nexus out of frustration to add insult to injury.

How common is this, is there a way to prevent it, and why the hell is there not a way to keep random strangers from locking me and griefing?

Tondra
02-23-2012, 03:00 PM
This game has an auto party system. When you are near someone, you are in their party. Loot serves no purpose if it is not for your class. Most people in game are pretty generous and will drop your class loot if they see it's better for you.

Since the game went on steam and none of the steam people know how this game works, you will probably see some greedy people running around, but it will get better. If someone won't leave you alone, just hit Insert to return to nexus and choose a different portal.

McWafflez
02-23-2012, 04:17 PM
So far I enjoy this game, however I would enjoy it much more if I didn't get griefed on a daily basis. Is there any way, or any plans in the process of preventing, someone locking you and perma-following you to steal loot? This is the second time in 2 days I've had someone lock me, teleport to me while I'm fighting something and can't stop to loot, take a rare item while I have aggro and then just follow me until I port to the nexus out of frustration to add insult to injury.

How common is this, is there a way to prevent it, and why the hell is there not a way to keep random strangers from locking me and griefing?

Any real loot (not ♥♥♥♥ loot) will be in soulbound bags that no one can see ever GL

Docman
02-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Yeah, McWafflez has a good point.

"Good" loot drops in purple "soulbound" bags, that nobody but you can see.

If you're annoyed by one of these followers (I get it all the time so I know how you feel), throw them off by switching servers. Go to the main screen, click on the "Servers" option, then pick something else. They can't track where you've gone if you do that. Only a dedicated person would bother tracking you down through 15+ servers.

EviLCorpsE
02-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Yeah, McWafflez has a good point.

"Good" loot drops in purple "soulbound" bags, that nobody but you can see.

If you're annoyed by one of these followers (I get it all the time so I know how you feel), throw them off by switching servers. Go to the main screen, click on the "Servers" option, then pick something else. They can't track where you've gone if you do that. Only a dedicated person would bother tracking you down through 15+ servers.
actually purple bags are just slightly higher quality than brown bags... still trash to any one that can survive in godlands (level 20 and familiar with WASD can hang there easily)...

cyan/blue/white bags (http://forums.wildshadow.com/wiki/realm-mad-god/loot-bag-types-and-contents) are the ones you want to see, and are soul bound as well.

Zaggeh
02-25-2012, 04:49 AM
As everyone else said, any bags other than brown are unique to you, so the other guys can't even see them or take the items. It may look like they're trying to, but it could be they just have a bag of their own in that same spot.

The way this game works, the behavior you described is actually encouraged and not considered griefing. It is way more efficient to follow people around in a group than everyone go off and do their own things. If someone is the same level as you and in the same general area, they will get the exact same quest mobs to kill as you, they may not be following you at all but just working on their quests. Then you have the more experienced people who might see someone lower level and be like "I should help them...".

Either way, this game has a chat system. All you have to do is talk it out if you don't want to be followed. But please remember to be respectful to them, because what you view as "griefing" is probably what they view as "helping" and "teamwork".

By the way, there is FULL exp sharing in this game with no splitting. Which means a few things....

You don't have to hit stuff to get exp as long as you're near when a monster dies
If a monster gives 50 exp and there are 50 people on the screen, they ALL get 50 exp, not 1 each.
And like I said, all decent loot is unique to your character, no one else can even see it. You'll start getting those bags around level 6 or 7 when you get quests for horned drakes.

The loot thing can be annoying though, when it comes to potions. My best suggestion is don't work on serious stuff when you need potions. Go back to the beach and stockpile on potions there before you return to serious stuff. Most people don't follow others on the beach.