PDA

View Full Version : Longetivity of this game.

Arrowhead
02-23-2012, 04:47 PM
I liked RUSE, it was fun. But I suppose it lacked the depth to keep a large enough audience for very long. I realize this is a different game we have now, and in many ways much better than RUSE. However, how do you people suppose the community will fair in 1 and maybe 2 years from now?

Undesired Hero
02-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Just hope we will get some support to make our own maps and stuff.. DLC kills rts games. splits the community up

JoeCoastie
02-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Just hope we will get some support to make our own maps and stuff.. DLC kills rts games. splits the community up

I agree. During the beta, I saw a comment that the developers were not even considering DLC as an option. I hope that it was true, I would hate to see this game die out.

As for overall longevity, I could see the player base growing quite a bit and then leveling off in a few months or so before diminishing. Who really know though. All in all, I am finding this to be an incredibly fun game with a developer that is actually listening to the players. LOTS of suggestions from the beta community have been implemented into the release product, its nice to see that kind of response from a game developer. If they keep that up, who knows how long this game will last.