PDA

View Full Version : The Silver Hand Quest Bug- Aela doesn't show up at Skyforge

lolbacon
02-24-2012, 01:35 PM
I just received the Companions quest The Silver Hand from Skjor who tells me to meet him next to the hidden door below Skyforge at night. I go there and he says that "Aela will be joining us shortly", which she never does. I can find her in Jorvaskar screwing around or outside, but she never meets us. I've tried waiting hour after hour or whole days, entering and exiting Whiterun, sneak killing her, and tons of other things to try and prompt her, but nothing has worked. Even using the "placeatme" command to try to bring her in proximity to there does nothing. I'd try using setstage, but I believe she needs to be following us in order for the quest to work.

I've beaten every other quest line in the game, so there's not much left for me to do besides the Companions.

Any ideas?

masterthehero
02-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Well you can't use placeatme because Aela is supposed to show up as:

a werewolf

So the fact that the quest is not advancing is a problem, you may have to do a console quest advance for this one but I'm not sure.

TomKQT
02-24-2012, 01:50 PM
This happened to me when I played the game for the first time.
I reloaded an earlier save and everything worked fine for the second time.

In my second playthrough it worked without problems.

masterthehero - nope, she doesn't show up as what you said, she shows as a human, or better said in a human form

lolbacon
02-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Well you can't use placeatme because Aela is supposed to show up as:

a werewolf

So the fact that the quest is not advancing is a problem, you may have to do a console quest advance for this one but I'm not sure.

I tried advancing it to the following stage and the hidden door shows up in the HUD, but it's locked. Assuming one of them is supposed to open it. I know there's an unlock console command, but even if I do that, I still would need them to follow me.

TomKQT
02-24-2012, 02:00 PM
I tried advancing it to the following stage and the hidden door shows up in the HUD, but it's locked. Assuming one of them is supposed to open it. I know there's an unlock console command, but even if I do that, I still would need them to follow me.

Cannot you do what I suggested? Load an earlier save and try it again? That worked for me.

I hope you do have such a save, you really should in this game.

lolbacon
02-24-2012, 02:01 PM
Cannot you do what I suggested? Load an earlier save and try it again? That worked for me.

I hope you do have such a save, you really should in this game.

I'll try it, but the last hard save is pretty far back, so any other method would be ideal.